Author Topic: New pictures of Baby Parker...  (Read 5267 times)

ksiwek

New pictures of Baby Parker...
« on: September 12, 2010, 09:03:48 pm »
Hi Everyone!

It is hard to believe that Parker will be turning 4 months shortly (and that 2 weeks after that I will be 4 months post AN surgery!)  As I am such a proud mom, I wanted to share some updated pics with the AN family!  You would never know that he was a preemie!  He is such a happy and healthy boy...he is the reason I keep pushing forward with my recovery  ;D   Parker is my little miracle!

Kris

Translab 6/4/10 for 4+ cm left AN.  Drs Friedman and Schwartz at HEI saved my life!
BAHA surgery on 10/7/10 with Dr Battista of Chicago Ear Institute (Oticon Ponto Pro)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: New pictures of Baby Parker...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:26:18 pm »
Wow. Four months already. Congratulations all the way 'round. Parker is a real handsome boy. I wish you all the best.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

moe

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:24:24 pm »
Thanks for the pics!
All three of you are BEAUUUUTIFUL!
Enjoy these months, they are the funnest I think.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

NL

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 01:58:33 am »
Hi Kris!

Thanks for posting these pics! You look fantastic and Parker looks adorable - and he's grown so much! You BOTH look so happy and healthy!  ;D And I can see Mike is just loving being a proud dad, too!
Thank you for the update and please give Parker a big hug from his Auntie Nancy.  :)

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 05:45:36 am »
Kris -

Parker is definitely a sweetie!  Love those blue eyes  ;D

Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 08:13:15 am »
So very precious!!
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 09:49:39 am »
Oh how precious!  ...... and mom and dad have beautiful smiles, as well.

Best wishes.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 11:30:36 am »
He is a gorgeous baby boy.

Kris you look great!!!  I hope you are recovering well with no residual effects from your AN surgery.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 03:33:09 pm »
Kris ~

Many thanks for the photos of your adorable little son.  He would inspire anyone.  Enjoy your parenthood and keep pushing forward with your recovery.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 08:57:33 pm »
what a cutie ... doesn't seem that 4 months has passed ...

my kids are not cute little babies anymore and sometimes are even a little annoying (pre-teen girls ) but
they are what make me get up and go even when I don't feel like it ...

give him a big hug from Tennessee
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

TP

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 01:18:19 pm »
Kris, I have not been on the website lately but checked in and saw there were baby pictures. What a beautiful baby boy. You and your your family look so happy.

Am I correct that you were pregnant and had your AN removed after your baby was born and that was just a few months ago and it was 4 CM...and you look this beautiful? If so, I am so happy for you. I had a 4 CM+ on my brainstem and I can't smile (facial paralysis) and I had double vision. I am looking at your face and you could never tell you had a tumor that size or for that matter a tumor at all. Can you please share where your tumor was located? How long was your surgery? Did you have any complications? Where was your surgery (city, hospital)? What side affects did you have prior to finding out you had a brain tumor? Am I sounding jealous...well yes I am but in a good way....I am so happy for you that you appear to have no complications and you look wonderful and then on top of that a new healthy bay boy!!   
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

Lizard

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 01:20:45 pm »
Kris,
He just seems to be getting cuter by the day!  Adorable pictures and you look great too! 
Congrats to you again!
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

ksiwek

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 06:42:57 pm »
TP,

Thanks for your kind words on the pictures!  Yes, it has been quite a year...I found out about my big ole tumor in March when I was 26 weeks pregnant.  The symptoms that lead me to get an MRI were hearing loss (which suddenly began in my second trimester) and ultimately a 'bulging' eye on the AN side.  My tumor was causing significant brainstem compression.  Over the course of 2.5 months my symptoms quickly got worse.  I couldn't feel the left side of my face or tongue, couldn't move my eye much past midline, couldn't walk without holding on to someone, drooled out of the left side of my mouth, couldn't fully shut my eye....and some I am probably forgetting right now.  Needless to say it was getting ugly.  So they took Parker via c-section at 35 wks as the docs didn't want to wait any longer.  They were worried I would develop hydrocephalus between the tumor and pregnancy related fluid retention.  So 2 weeks after my c-section, I had my translab AN surgery.

My surgeons (and personal heroes) were Dr Rick Friedman and Dr Marc Schwartz of the House Ear Institute.  Surgery took about 11 hours!  Yikes!  I feel very lucky with my outcome...it is taking me a long time to feel 'recovered' (but I have come so far from pre-op!) The first 3 days post-op I could barely open my eyes and all my eyes would do was 'flit' back and forth...I couldn't see!  Slowly they are recovering with time and vestibular exercises.  I do have nystagmus that has prolonged driving and my return to work.  As you can see from the pic my eyes are back to being the same size now!  I would say my turning point for having more good days than not so good was at about 12-13 wks.  I feel so lucky to be alive with a healthy baby! 

I am incredibly blessed to have had tons of help from my husband, mother and all of our friends and family...it took a village to help raise Parker the first couple of months  ;D!!!  Here's to hoping for a calmer back half of the year  ;)
Translab 6/4/10 for 4+ cm left AN.  Drs Friedman and Schwartz at HEI saved my life!
BAHA surgery on 10/7/10 with Dr Battista of Chicago Ear Institute (Oticon Ponto Pro)

TP

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 08:19:01 am »
Kris, what wonderful news and outcome. I am so happy for you and yes your Dr's did an outstanding job. Enjoy your baby boy they grow up way too fast!
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 09:05:21 pm »
Parker is absolutely beautiful!  You look wonderful.  I thought he looked just like you, then I saw your husband's photo.  He looks like both of you!
Enjoy, enjoy.
~Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego