Author Topic: thanks for your support  (Read 1417 times)

nanlt124

• learning more everyday
thanks for your support
« on: September 28, 2010, 05:22:07 am »
just a note to say thank you to everyone for your positive input     i am having surgery in 2 days and feel much better about it     i especially learned a lot from reading all of the postings by ernie (ejtampa)    i too am having surgery at tampa general with drs danner and bartels and it was really reassuring to see them so highly spoken of                keeping positive thoughts    nancy from clearwater

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: thanks for your support
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 11:01:43 am »
Nancy -

I've heard very positive things about both of these doctors - especially Dr. Bartels.  You are in great hands.

Hope things go smoothly and that your recovery is swift and uneventful.

Good luck and best wishes,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: thanks for your support
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 12:35:58 pm »
Hi, Nancy ~

Having complete confidence in your doctors is crucial to keeping a positive attitude as The Big Day approaches.  Like you, I was apprehensive just before my surgery but I manged to surmount my fears by focusing on how experienced (with AN removals) my neurosurgeon was and that he had a fantastic team.   My surgery went well with no complications and my recovery was fairly rapid.  I'm sure you'll have a good experience, too.  You really are fortunate to have the services of skilled, experienced doctors that, as you know, have an excellent record with AN removals.  I'm pleased to learn that the ANA website forums have buoyed your spirits and given you useful information, which is their purpose.  See you on the 'other side' (of surgery - as a 'postie')

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.