Author Topic: Dr. Tamargo at JHU vx. Dr. Al_Mefty in Boston- decision time  (Read 5947 times)

Mei Mei

Re: Dr. Tamargo at JHU vx. Dr. Al_Mefty in Boston- decision time
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 05:19:27 pm »
Wow, I'm so envious of you.
Here is what I just posted on the Headache Link:

Visit to Cleveland Clinic

Dear All,
THe pain doctor in Wash. referred me here becaise he didn't feel capable to help me.   I scheduled a Sleep study for last night but thereason a 26 in. snow an it took me 3 hours to get here from downtown.  The roads were closed but a nice patient on the main campus took me to the study.   It was a difficult night.

Pls pardon my tyuping as I a,m hopitalized in an observation unit.   I wemt to the Pain appt today at 10 and the doctor decided to do another Occipital Nerve Block before trying the nerve implant from Medtronic.   After several shots, my face went cold and I said I couldn't take a breath and felt dizzy.  They said just sit there amd do you want to lie down?  I did and then it started that I couldn't talk and take breaths.  That was the last I re,e,bered.   I passed out and there they intubated me and by ambulance to the ER.   I remember being scared and wondering if I were going to die.   Then I woke up in another place and the man said I am anER Doctor and you came here by ambulance.   I still had the tube in and O2.  They said I got a CT scan ... all while I was passed out from the shots.   after several hours they transferred me to the observation unit and I had a psychological interview to see if I was fit for the nerve implant.

Tired from typing...I'm due to go home tomorrow.

-- Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh