Author Topic: Do doctors read these posts?  (Read 5234 times)

Jeanlea

Re: Do doctors read these posts?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 07:04:00 am »
Hi Nipanddale,

I am a teacher also.  I had a 3.5 cm tumor removed in September 05.  I went back to my third grade classroom on October 31.  I found that I adapted well with the hearing gone from my left ear.  Sometime in the future I may get a BAHA, but not now.  I did not get headaches before surgery and still don't get them after surgery which is something I was worried about. 

Good luck.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 12:28:37 pm »
nipanddale,

I just wanted to chime in with welcomes and thrilled to have you here. I know your in mode now prepping for your upcoming treatment and you certainly have been getting terrific support from everyone here thus far.  I do know that I have shared this site with my entire CK team at Beth Israel and my neurosurgeon at Brigham/Woman's hospital. I have confirmed that my CK team at BI has read many posts here, so, I'm thrilled to see that they stay proactive in keeping patient's thoughts/comments in mind.

Please hang tough... hugs to you both and will check back now and then to see how you are doing.

Best wishes and ... welcome!
Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

luv2teachsped

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 06:57:26 pm »
Hi dale:  It seems there are quite a few of us who are teachers(um,, a link between AN and teaching?) Anyways, I teach elem. special ed. and we've all adapted pretty well.  Actually my kids remember I'm partially deaf more than the other staff members, but then I'm also with them a lot more.  Teachers meetings are a pain, because no one will stop talking and no one wants to use the microphone!!    Balance could be your biggest issue.  Another special ed teacher who works with me has also had AN and said the worst thing is navigating the hallways in the middle/high school!  People walking so many directions may make you dizzy.  I remember not being able to go shopping for more that 30 minutes i because of the vertigo. Good luck~ luv2teachsped
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07