Author Topic: Scan results one year after GK  (Read 1482 times)

Louise UK

Scan results one year after GK
« on: November 18, 2010, 04:15:34 am »
Hi there everyone,

I saw my neurosurgeon yesterday and the good news is there has been a significant reduction in the size of my residual AN! I am obviously very happy with the results and couldn't have hoped for better really.

I said to my neurosurgeon that I wasn't really expecting anything from the one year results, but from what I could understand, he said as I had my AN debulked and then the residual GK'd, these two treatments used together should be very successful. I think because he had tried to cut off the AN's blood supply during my surgery, does that work in favour for the GK treatment? Does anyone have an opinion on this??

I will have another MRI in one year. I just really, really hope the GK continues to do its thing. As my worst fear is haing to have another surgery and the after effects of it. As you can probably guess, I am a big worrier about the 'what if's', and in general!

Anyway, just though id share with u all,

Take care,

Louise. x

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: Scan results one year after GK
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 07:58:22 am »
Hello Louise,
  One of the damnable thing s about AN is having to deal with uncertainty.  But it sounds like you're doing great.  Several people on this forum have had the same treatment regimen as you have with good results.   It's normal to worry about this stuff when you get an MRI to check status.  But it's also normal to think about AN less and less as time passes.
Regards,
  Rob
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:16:28 am by HeadCase2 »
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW