Author Topic: Surgery is done,  (Read 2399 times)

Danny2006

Surgery is done,
« on: June 07, 2006, 11:12:15 am »
Hello everyone, sorry for any typeos. surgery was done friday, Middle fossa, HEI, DR Freidman and DR swartz. The neuroma turned our to be moreso on the facial nerve, so i bo have a problem with L/eye  and L/lip and a few more spots, but seem to swollow ok. The docks said it was a tough case, I have an appointment tommorw to maybe install an eye spring to close left eye. I do have some good news, I seem to hear pretty well, have a lot fo fluid and swelling in Lear now, but do hear well, Have considerable pain in head and neck area, and have quite a bit of dizzyness, they sis not completly remove balance nerve, so we will see how it turns out.
Just wanted to let everyone know a little,  I will get back on in a day  or 2 whenever I can. I am scheduled to fly back to tn on wen 14 June. maybe i can be on line more after that.
Thanks Again Danny
10mmx8mm AN (facial nerve neuroma) found Feb. 06
Surgery at House Clinic on 02June06,

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: Surgery is done,
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 11:19:53 am »
Danny,
  Wow, you're doing great to be back online so soon post-op.  Know that things will probably improve rapidly. My AN was wrapped up with the Facial (7th) nerve, and facial function returned in about 6 wweeks.  Get plenty of rest.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 11:20:34 am »
I am glad you are now on the road to recovery.  I hope it's not a long and winding road, but an expressway!!  Take care and have faith.. :)

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Desilu

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 02:04:07 pm »
Hi Danny,

Good to hear from you! The doctors never really know exactly what they are dealing with until they get inside your head. But it seems like they have things pretty much under control and have positive plans to help the healing process. Most of your problems will probably be temporary so don't be to hard on yourself right now. Get plenty of rest and listen to your doctors. You are in my prayers!  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

Obita

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 06:17:50 pm »
Hi Danny:

I have been wondering how you are.  Thanks for taking the time to write to us!!

I remember having alot of trouble typing.  Brain to fingers just does not work for a while.  Take your time,  it comes back.

I am so glad you are on the upside of things.  Home sweet home is not too far away.

Heads up,  Kathy O'Brien

ps:  Good luck with the eye thing........that is the worst but probably only temporary and yippee,  you can hear!!
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

cookiesecond

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 07:58:18 pm »
Danny,
It is so good to hear from you. I am glad the worst is behind you. I pray for a full, speedy recovery. Take care of yourself and keep us posted when you can.
Lynn

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 08:16:08 pm »
On ya Danny.

I think you might be having the headaches for a little while - normal. You may want to ask your doc about some meds for this.

cheers

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz