Author Topic: Tens Unit????????  (Read 2747 times)

cin605

Tens Unit????????
« on: January 28, 2011, 12:42:12 pm »
Anyone using it?Any relief?
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Kaybo

Re: Tens Unit????????
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 01:16:31 pm »
Isn't this what LADavid tried?
K   ???
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 06:38:31 pm »
cin

why is a TENS unit being noted (ie: for what medical purpose)?

Capt Deb has used one on her back (as have I) for pain relief both under dr's/physical therapists care. Capt Deb does own her own and at the last symposium, was difficult for us to detach her from it as her back was a mess. (trust me, I shared a hotel room with her and the poor woman never strayed far from the TENS)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cin605

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 10:04:25 am »
The medical purpose is all the muscles in my neck and head are freaking out and muscle spasms are out of control...Tremors if will....Feels like my head is shaking NO....even my ear is moving.
43yrs old

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 11:02:16 am »
cin

Wow! I'm sorry to hear this.  Have had recent issues in my head/neck and dr put me on low dose Valium (2mg) at night to help calm down the muscles as well as PT and suppose to sleep with a neck brace (one of them foam neck braces) to help the cause. I'm personally not familiar with use of TENS on head/neck, so can't answer to that.

What I can share is that the TENS (IMO) feels much like finger tingles to help relax the surrounding muscles.  Let's see if anyone else chimes in re: TENS for use on head/neck.  Since the dr feels its muscle related, are they noting any other form of treatment (besides the TENS) ie: massage therapy, meds, PT, etc?

Hang in there cin!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cin605

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 12:22:46 pm »
I had a nerve ablaision....trigger poiint injections....gabepenton...new one is Soma....Ibuprophen 800....lorazepam 1 before bed
Take a look at my post In the headache section..Not having a good time over here...I am feeling crapppy 90% of the time.
I just hope ENT figures out whats up.Primary looked in my ear on AN side and said it is "bulging"???????????
43yrs old