Author Topic: It's ME!  (Read 11686 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: It's ME!
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 03:33:30 pm »
Hi Michelle - I wrote you a response before, but it seems to have disappeared. I'm glad to see you posting; I had been wondering how my surgery triplets are doing. Havent' heard from calimom in a while either.

Glad to hear things are well with you. You look very pretty.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 05:05:01 pm »
WOW! Maybe my post was premature? I just had the most crushing news. My husband is having an affair with a friend of mine! I use that term loosely now, some friend!
I am crushed and now I have to deal with everything on my own. My heart aches I love him. I cannot and with not be able to repair our marriage. It is over!
 :'( :'( :'( :'( I have a 14 year old stilll at home. So much to do now and where do I start.
Thanks for listening.
I wave between anger, sadness, and hatred.
He said I am consumed with my tumour and that I have changed since the surgery.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:06:39 pm by mimoore »
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 05:16:58 pm »
Michelle ~

Your post came as a shock and it is definitely heartbreaking news to all of us, I'm sure.  I won't attempt to advise you of anything at this point, but I will tell you, emphatically, that you have the support and prayers of many folks who you've never met but consider you a friend.  A friend who is hurting and that we want to know that she is cared about.   Try to take some solace in that small fact.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 05:30:13 pm »
Oh, Michelle .....

..... and I had not even welcomed you back yet!  Oh my, you need us now more than ever.  Not too much to say except, what happened to the part about "for better or for worse ..... in sickness and in health??"

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are very much with you!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 07:22:34 pm »
Michelle, I am shocked and so very very sorry. I have to say though that it is extremely lame for your husband to try to blame his poor behavior on your tumor. As Clarice said, there's a sickness and health clause in the marriage vows. Let me know if there is any way to help - feel free to send me a PM and I'll give you my e-mail address.

Sending love your way,
Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

mk

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 09:21:37 pm »
Oh Michelle, I am so sorry to hear this. I don't have words. you have been through so much and now this.
 I have a very good friend who went through the same thing a few years ago. I remember vividly how much she was hurt - she had given up everything for this guy. She went on though, and after a couple of years she met a wonderful guy who really loves her and takes care of her.

Big hugs to you
Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 08:22:38 am »
Oh, Michelle, I am SO sorry to read this.  I cannot begin to imagine how you must be feeling.  Know that you have my thoughts and prayers.

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

moe

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 10:41:46 am »
Michelle,
#@$% ! (fill in blank with desirable word or phrase).
What a blow, I am soooo sorry. What timing that you came back and posted about how well you were doing, and now this. Well, you are HERE now and we are HERE for you. I'm so sorry :'( :'( :'( :'(
I can totally relate to being consumed with the tumor. I am reminded every day, in lots of ways, that the after effects are here to stay with me till the day I die :o

My husband I believe is a little envious about how I spend time on the computer, helping others. He sees me consumed with all my facial issues, tinnitus,  (I am), and even sometimes says  flippantly "get over it." That sends me into a screaming rage....Better or worse, sickness and health, good times and bad times. Those are tough rules. I recently posted in the ANA Mailbag section of the recent ANA Newsletter . He helped me with wording, so he was a bit involved and that seemed to help. He is a physician and I am a nurse, so we usually seem to do OK understanding the ramifications of all this messy post op stuff.

As per your husband:
He said I am consumed with my tumour and that I have changed since the surgery.
No s@!t Sherlock! We have ALL changed, and I remind my husband and family  that I am NOT the same person. Man if he could be in your shoes for just a short time......There are those invisible post op issues, which no one can understand except if we have been there.

I hope and pray that you just give it a try to resolve this and seek counseling, so the two of you can present your own version of how this ordeal has affected your life and marriage. He was obviously feeling neglected and reached out, unfortunately, to find someone to give him solace. You are reaching out to us and just trying to survive. It's like one day at a time, one problem at a time......It is so stressful and mentally fatiguing.

You are angry, bitter, sad and feeling probably just like someone hit you with a brick right at the heart.
Give it some time...you have a child to think about....

PM me if you want to vent, cry, scream, just let it out>>>>
Hugs and hugs,
Maureen
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:46:07 am by moe »
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 07:34:16 pm »
Michelle,

I am shocked and dismayed.  What a selfish b a s t a r d !!!!!  Don't get me started about your so called "friend" with a friend like her, who needs an enemy. 

You have so much support here on this forum and I'm sure your family are behind you 100%.  It hurts, it is hard to reason through at the moment but you are a very strong woman and I know you are a survivor!

Hugs,
Anne Marie 
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2011, 01:03:26 am »
Thank you for your support! One day at a time. I'll keep you posted.
Packing, lawyers, crap crap and more crap.
Man this sucks.
 :'(
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Jackie

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 02:56:27 pm »
My heart goes out to you for what you are going through!
I am truly sorry and pray for your well-being. You have many friends here wanting to comfort you............
Jackie in oregon
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 05:17:11 pm »
Michelle,
What a shame, and shame on him.  There are no words that will comfort you, but rather knowing you have support out there should be somewhat of a comfort.  It's not an answer, there are no answers, but just know this group will do all possible to keep your spirits lifted.
~Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego

Keri

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 07:28:30 pm »
michelle,
i'm just so sorry. as others have said before, we will all be here to try to support or encourage or pray for you and your teen anyway we can.
keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 07:35:00 pm »
Oh, I just wish we all lived in the same city so we could hug you, help you, and give looks that could kill to the lousy husband and even lousier friend! My heart goes out to you as you try to find your way through all of this.  You have made my daily prayer list, rest assured, my dear.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 06:56:33 pm »
Thank you I can feel the warm fuzzy hugs. Crazy time!