Author Topic: Chest tension, shortness of breath, dyspnea  (Read 2910 times)

Shawn713

Chest tension, shortness of breath, dyspnea
« on: March 06, 2011, 12:15:03 pm »
I had a 1 cm left ear intracanalicular AN treated with radio surgery last month.  I have experienced some chest tension, minor breathing issues for the last several months.  I even went to ER a couple months ago and had chest Xray, EKG, blood tests  done which showed no issues and normal results, possibly just anxiety due to the AN(?).  I run 3-6 miles 5 times a week and am active playing golf, shoveling snow, etc.  I just get these occasional episodes that make me feel short of breath and wonder if it is related to the AN?  Any feedback would be much appreciated........thanks!

Mickey

Re: Chest tension, shortness of breath, dyspnea
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 01:30:34 pm »
Hi Shawn! I have a AN about the same size as yours which I have decided to Wait and Watch for a number of years now. Having a AN combined with the daily stress in your everday life can definately make your body react with unwanted stress related symptoms. I`m not a Dr. but you may have the reactions of what is going on in your life. I get some interesting stress realated symptoms (insomnia, tinnitus kicks up a notch). I try to combat these things with stress related therapies such as herbal teas and a general heathy lifestyle with good frame of mind. Once in a while if things get a little to rough I take a pescribed Xanax or an Ambien. Hope you feel better, Mickey

Shawn713

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 02:09:44 pm »
Ok, thanks Mickey!  I appreciate your reply.  Best wishes to you!

sunfish

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 05:40:03 am »
I've come to believe that I've experienced plenty of symptoms of stress/anxiety, due to my body's fighting balance problems.  Looking back, I think the very first symptom of my AN that I noticed was a general decline in energy.  Even when I haven't been noticing "wonky headedness" or balance difficulties, I think they're present, and I think they take a toll on one's system.

Also, I've had some problems with esophageal spasm, supposedly related to meds that I take/have taken, and this tightness definitely feels like heart stuff.  However, my doctor did order a stress test just to be on the safe side, and this came back normal.

This is one of the most frustrating parts of the whole AN experience for me - lots of weird, odds & ends symptoms which may or may not be related, and generally not feeling well.  Very glad to hear you're staying so active.  I'm a triathlete, and after my CK one year ago, I experienced a long, slow slide in terms of my fitness.  Hoping to work on improving that this spring!  Take care, and let us know what all you find out.
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC

Shawn713

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 07:34:26 pm »
Thanks for offering your perspective sunfish!