Author Topic: Happy 2nd year Anniversary to me  (Read 2205 times)

lauralynn

Happy 2nd year Anniversary to me
« on: April 14, 2011, 11:25:35 am »
Hello my AN family,

Can't believe it's been two years ago today that my AN was removed.  As some of you know...it's been a bit of a rough ride since.  Don't think it's ever a smooth ride for anyone.  Though I'm struggling with chronic pain and chronic fatigue among other things from the surgery...I try to have a positive attitude.  Other things may not have improved much but I know my attitude has changed for the better.  Yes I still have my "down days" but I don't cry my eyes out as often.  And over the last few months I've come to realize that my AN has been a blessing in disguise.  Great things are actually happening because of it.  Because of my AN I have made and met some wonderful friends, found my Church family, have become a stronger person, am so much more thankful for all that I have and the list goes on.  Having a great support system is the key ingredient of being able to get through each day.   I have my children, boyfriend, church family, AN family and most importantly the Lord that saved me.  So for all you "Newbies"...yes having an AN can be scarey but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. 

I would like to thank my AN family for all of your thoughts, prayers, advice and for always being there.  I would be so lost without my AN famiy.  It's so comforting knowing that I can come here at any time and reach out for help or offer help. 

I have to remind myself of my motto..."Make something positive out of the negative that comes your way."  So for this AN, as much as it wants to haunt me for the rest of my life...I've got different plans! 

God Bless,

Laura Lynn

4 cm left AN/diagnosed 1/23/09
Translab 4/14/09
Cyberknife 7/09
Gold weight implant 8/09
Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix
Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter
Balance issues, 100% hearingl loss (left ear), tinnitus, facial numbness/pain,
chronic fatigue, weakness, eye issues

God Bless everyone

kenneth_k

Re: Happy 2nd year Anniversary to me
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 11:30:41 am »
You're welcome ;)

Happy anniversary.

Mickey

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 12:17:44 pm »
Laura Lynn, nicely said! Best wishes, Mickey

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 02:09:41 pm »
Laura Lynn ~

Your gracious words for the AN forums are much appreciated.  I'm delighted to learn that, despite the travails of your sometimes difficult AN recovery, you've emerged a better, stronger person with what appears to be a very affirmative, optimistic attitude toward your physical struggles and life, in general.  That is positively inspirational and I thank you for sharing it with your AN family.  Oh, and Happy 2nd Anniversary!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lori67

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 02:13:46 pm »
Happy ANniversary! 

Do something nice for yourself today!  You deserve it!   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 04:28:34 pm »
Laura Lynn .....

Ditto on congratulations upon reaching the two-year post-op mark.  So sorry you have had to deal with the chronic pain and fatigue ..... sure does complicate keeping a positive attitude.  As you said so well, we can either give in to our struggles or we can be determined that they are not going to take over our lives.  So glad you are moving in the positive direction of seeking loving, caring friends.  Hopefully you will soon feel strong enough to begin doing the things you love to do.

Many thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

kraynok2

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 08:08:22 pm »
Congratulations Laura Lynn!  You are on the right positive track.  Thanks for such a good message to the newbies that life goes on.  Celebrate and enjoy this milestone in your life.
Sandy

jcc1138

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 07:04:09 pm »
Happy 2nd to you! It does seem like both a long time and a short time doesn't it? I was looking at my pictures from back then as well (I had mine done on February 18.2009) and it is amazing to see how far I have come since then. Enjoy your day!

Jim C

lauralynn

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 10:58:06 pm »
Thank you everyone!  ;D

Laura Lynn
4 cm left AN/diagnosed 1/23/09
Translab 4/14/09
Cyberknife 7/09
Gold weight implant 8/09
Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix
Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter