Author Topic: has anyone experinced this?  (Read 2632 times)

shells

has anyone experinced this?
« on: June 16, 2011, 06:59:29 pm »
   Hello Everyone , I have a question to ask I have a 1.2 cm diagnosed in April have been to 3 surgeons / Radio Surgeon for consult  last part of May got all opions all said to do radiation  my hearing was good only loss was high loss till last night and soundly in 3 hours I was deaf went to emergency room because kaiser wouldn't prescribe steroids they gave me 5 day run of prisoner. Now my question is  when I lost the hearing my balance got good no more lightheadness? All in the same time and my hearing is really really weird I can now her some voices but it sounds like I'm tuning in a radio when they talk its static and when the radio is playing in the car I can hear all  the music voices in the left but the right an ear can only hear some of the instrument  been having tinnitus all this time but all kinds  high, low ,ocean, heart beat. Has anyone experienced using the steroids for loss and it helped ?about how long till you can expect results ? Is 5 days of a steroid enough? called the ent today but couldn't reach her

nftwoed

Re: has anyone experinced this?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 07:13:13 pm »
Hi;
  I've had 3 SHLs. Two were treated with oral steroid and the hearing returned to previous level in about 3 days.
  The other SHL I took no steroid and the hearing rebounded spontaneously within 2 days.
  Would say for many, injectible steroid is as superior as oral, and, more rapid.
  Radiation will often give the cochlea ciliary hairs a good zap, and either a delayed permanent loss, or delayed reversible loss.
  A 5 day rapid taper up of steroid is standard, with a taper down period.
  Tinnitus is a sign of hearing loss and kind of goes with the territory. The brain gets very creative in looking for a good signal from the ear.

shells

Re: has anyone experinced this?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:20:17 pm »
Thank you for your reply he just gave me 3 a day for 5 days hope it works so far not much of a difference