Author Topic: one and a half year mark and still very wonky  (Read 2272 times)

painter

one and a half year mark and still very wonky
« on: June 18, 2011, 05:31:57 pm »
He everyone,
It's been a long time since I posted anything, but always check in on how others are doing.  I personally have had a bad last year.  I'm one and a half years post op and have been on diazepam for almost one year.  I thought I was doing okay with my recovery, but a couple of of different doctors and a therapist told me I should get off the diazepam.  So I weaned myself off over a period of about 6 weeks.  I became so dizzy and imbalanced I could hardly walk. I noticed a definite connection to my sinuses, so didn't know for sure if it was that or something like my vetebular artery getting pinched. After another MRI and MRA they found nothing and sent me home.  I moved to Arizona and got into Mayo Clinic and saw a different neurologist. The first thing he did was prescribe, you guessed it, diazepam.  I went home and took one dose and within one hour I felt like have for the past 6 months.....not nearly as sick and wonky as I recently was.  Has anyone had this problem for that long, and has anyone had a sinus infection that made getting better feel impossible?  I thought I was on the road to recovery, but now I think this drug has simply been masking all of these terrible symptoms that I thought would have been gone long before now.  Any help would be appreciated.  I get to see a Mayo ENT next month, and hopefully will be of more help than I've been getting.
Thanks to all for indulging me,
Painter

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
Re: one and a half year mark and still very wonky
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 06:22:07 pm »
Wonky head for a year sucks, I am 3 2weeks post op and hoping my wonkey head fades away.  Interesting about the valium making it better, it is a major tranquilizer would think that would make you more wonky headed........strange how these things work sometimes.  Keep us posted on what the Mayo says.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

cameragal

Re: one and a half year mark and still very wonky
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 05:25:18 pm »
Try to find a balance sollutions somewhere near you or check with a physical therapist that specializes in balance disorders. One and 1/2 years ago I experienced the worst of what an AN can do.  I was not able to function very well and was out of work for 6 wks.  I went to a balance solutions center about a 2 hr drive, 2-3 times a week.  It only took me about 4 weeks to undo all of the side effects.  If you stay diligent the dizzy and wonky will go away.