Author Topic: MeiMei is coming for a visit  (Read 9600 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: MeiMei is coming for a visit
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 04:42:27 am »
Dang!  Left you vmail yesterday as well..... sorry you don't get in until later on Sat..... JEALOUS you are in FL!  Will catch up with you later! :)

MeiMei, you have mail with update for Saturday. Hope it is satisfactory to the schedule, for Kathy and for you! :)

Have a good and safe trip "home" :)

xo

hello New Hampshire AN'ers! I live in northern MA and had the pleasure of meeting MeiMei in person in Cinci! I'm coming back from FL late on Saturday afternoon, so will most likely miss out on the fun/visit.  I'll try MeiMei on her cell to see if I can catch up with you all!
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Mei Mei

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 04:49:00 am »
Thanks Phyl and Cindy.   See you very soon.   Bertucci's sounds doable.   Laura i s coming back from FL so may or may not make it.

Huggles,
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 04:50:37 am »
Saw the msg from Laura so as of now, not counting on her arrival but.... may drag the bloke with me.... ya nevah' know!  Have a good trip!!!!!!!!!

xo

Thanks Phyl and Cindy.   See you very soon.   Bertucci's sounds doable.   Laura i s coming back from FL so may or may not make it.

Huggles,
Mei Mei
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Mei Mei

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 09:36:25 pm »
Cindy and I had a fantastic meeting.   I felt like I knew her for years and pinch me, I could hardly believe we were meeting!   We are planing on  going to the beach tomorrow in Maine!

Thinking of all of you.
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

cin605

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 07:21:53 am »
Ditto..MeiMei strange how some people you meet and fell that automatic connection..like you have know them forever.
Hugs!Cindy
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Mei Mei

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 02:27:36 pm »
Same here, too, Cindy.   I just sat down with you at dinner and felt like I'd known you forever.   It was a nice evening and we will have many more I am sure.   I will load the pics of us and my visit to Phyll and Laura later.

Had to go to the body shop to pick up my car.   It looks better now.
Hugs,
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

MZB475

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 05:13:14 pm »
Hi all! Hope everyone is well. Drove by the Wakefield exit and smiled thinking of our mini-reunion:)!
Laura B
Diagnosed 2008
Wait and Watch--blessed to have this gift :)

Mei Mei

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 07:42:59 pm »
It was wonderful!   I wish we could do it every weekend and include Cindy.    I am just back from NYC and went to the NYC meeting at NYU Hospital and met so many of the people I was dying to meet.   I met of course Lauren and Miranda and Debbi from Facebook and of course Anna and Miranda husband Ken and wonderful Glenn.  I think I will make it a point to go to as many NYC meetings as possible.  It was incredible how much information they got together and what a wonderful meeting they led.   My hat is off to them.  NY Rocks!   I'm sure Boston rocks and I may in fact show up there, don't be surprised.   In the meantime, I have my DC Local group and Dave leads a wonderful group.  My daughter came in late and she still doesn't quite get what I'm going through emotionally.   It's hard to explain to them.   My younger daught didn't come to either of my surgeries, but my daughter's friend in Maryland managed to come to see her brother, a victim of a car accident in Brooklyn, last year, a  hit and run...she brought a four day old baby to pull the plus on her 28 year old brother and a college friend of my daughter at Oberlin.   You do what you have to do, but my daughters are not doing it.   With my degneerative disc disease, they are sick of my problems and all I have left of family is YOU.   I love each and every one of you.  My daughter and her boyfriend took us out to Italian dinner because that was my request and then we went to a Broadway show about the Shirelles.   It was wonderful, but that's all that they can handle.   The downside of the picture and Ken at the meeting said some of us have downsides, the family just doesn't want to hear, but I have comfort in all of you that are on a daily basis there for me and everybody.  I love ANAUSA and all that it represents.  I was on a line at the theatre last night for the handicapped bathroom and the lady in line in front of me was chatting with me.  She said she didn't want to go downstairs to Schelp as we say in NYC.   I said it's OK.  I'm just afraid of the stairs after falling and breaking my hand in May.  I said it was because of an Acoustic Neuroma.  She screamed and said her husband had one too. and when she came out of the bathroom she gave me a hug and said baby, to take care.  Nyers really rock.  I don't understand the complaint about NYers.  They talk with everybody on the street.  I love them and everyone.  You just have to knoww how to adjust to every area and make peace with everyone no matter where they come from.   We all have the same problems.   Good night all, I am just back from NY and have a big week ahead of me.
Hugs to you all,
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

G_Man

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 09:01:05 pm »
Mei Mei: Thank you for being a special guest star at our meeting.  You are handling the load you carry so well.  You are an inspiration.  I think we all have the experience of our family members not understanding and not wanting to be involved.  For me it's one of the most stressful parts of the whole deal.
I hope you told that woman at the play about our organization.  I really like when new people come to the local meetings.  Not because I'm happy that they are in the boat.  Cause I'm not.  I'd like to put the shipping line out of business.  I'm happy that they found us and we found them and maybe more hands will make rowing the boat easier for all of us.  Hope to see you at future NYC meetings.
Glen
Diag: 08/11/2009 Left side
AN: 0.6cm.  65% Hearing loss, tinnitus, fullness, minor motion issues.
hearing loss over 25+ years.  MRI in 2000 showed nothing.
Optical Atrophy from infantcy
Watch and Wait.
As of 2017 I am on a 2 year MRI frequency.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 03:53:26 am »
Hi all! Hope everyone is well. Drove by the Wakefield exit and smiled thinking of our mini-reunion:)!

Ya should have come help me pack!  :o  :P

MeiMei, thrilled to hear your journey continued to be good.... with terrific faces, great meet/greets and hugglez! :)  Keep October in mind for our next Apple Dumplin' brunch! :)

Phyl

Mei Mei

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 12:03:05 pm »
What a beautiful analogy, Glen.   You must be a poet!!!

I looked for the woman when I came out of the bathroom to give her my contact information but she was no where to be found.   I wasn't thinking quickly enough.   She sounds like a wonderful support for her husband.   I remember in my divorce depositions, my husband said it bothered him because I always had neck problems.   I'm better off now.    It would be nice, but I am doing this AN recovery alone which is why ANA is so very important to me.   All of you are so special.    I'll try to make future meetings if I can.   It's just that I have to pay the woman for 24 hours instead of 8 to take care of my father.   I think it's worth it.   

I don't think I'll be able to make the October one because I am going to Montreal to help my daughter and son in law with the two kids while they are at the conference.   I wonder if the doctor/geneticist will be there.   She never answered my email.   I guess she inundated with emails every day.

I'm thinking of you and sending big, giant hugs!
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo