Author Topic: Michelle Monoghan's update after surgery  (Read 3564 times)

Jackie

Michelle Monoghan's update after surgery
« on: July 07, 2011, 05:09:18 pm »
According to Tim, Michelle's hubby, the surgery has been a success, complete tumor removal,
and she is coming out of ICU later today. Tim is singing HEI's praises, and so far is completely satisfied with the care etc. Michelle is having problems with nausea,
but doing well so far! They were warned of the first 3 days after surgery, you all know, the ones that don't count! I will add to the updates as I get them!
Continued Blessing to all who are recovering,
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Michelle Monoghan's update after surgery
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 05:37:40 pm »
Hurray for the good report on Michelle!!  Jackie, thanks so much for posting this.

Have to agree with Tim's singing!   ;D

Many thoughts and prayers for continued good recovery for Michelle!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

opp2

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 07:23:53 pm »
Excellent news. Truly a great day.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

moe

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 09:33:54 am »
yay, another positive outcome!Thanks for the report!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 12:37:57 pm »
Jackie ~

Thanks for the encouraging post-op update on Michelle (via Tim).  This kind of news always brightens my day.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 04:36:37 pm »
My thoughts are with her, I know what she is going through, still sharp in my mind.  Send my best wishes for speedy recovery.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

michellemonaghan

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 09:49:21 pm »
Hi there to all!  It's Michelle here just wanting to give an update on my surgery.  Like Jackie reported I was sick at first but after those first 3 days started doing much better.  I was released from the hospital early (only 4 days in) because I was able to sit up and eat, walk and do what the doctors and therapist asked of me.  We checked out of the Seton on Sunday and checked into our condos in Anaheim to spend a week of recovery there. 

On Wednesday we went back to the HEI so that the doctor could take out my stitches.  He said I was going great and he wanted me to get my hearing tested so I did and WONDERFUL news.....100% hearing.  No change at all from the day before surgery!  I'm so very blessed to have been able to go to The House Clinic.  Dr. Fayad was truly amazing.  I can't say enough good things about him.  He would call me in the hospital just to check in if he didn't get a chance to stop by himself.  Wonderful man!  Anyhow, like reported the tumor is totally removed and my hearing was saved!  I'm feeling great....life is good.

We've been taking it easy here at the condos but we have gone out and seen quite a bit as well.  We spend most the day relaxing by the pool but have gone to Downtown Disney and several shopping trips.  I can't believe how good I feel.  If anyone has any questions about The House Clinic please get a hold of me.  I have Kaiser for insurance and had a huge fight to get them to send me there but it's well worth it.  Kaiser wanted to take my hearing...they weren't going to even attempt Middle Fossa surgery (which is the surgery that Dr. Fayad did on me).

Loving Life, Family and Great Friends!

Michelle

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 01:02:40 pm »
Hi, Michelle ~

Thanks for that splendid update!  I'm so pleased to learn that the surgery went so well and you maintained your hearing, too!  What a blessing!

It's obvious that your recovery is moving right along and you're enjoying your stay in L.A.  Congratulations! 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.