Author Topic: Prayers For Bo  (Read 10882 times)

Kaybo

Re: Prayers For Bo
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 06:53:49 am »
Appointment this week?

Praying for you!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 08:34:36 am »
Bo ran a temp from 100-103 all weekend and still managed bush hogged about 45 acres between coming to house and taking alot of naps   >:(  ... I kept going out and getting water and Gatorade in him ... with the fever and 100* weather I didn't need him dehydrated too

people are always telling me I need to slow down but I have to keep moving for fear of stopping ... so I know where Bo is ... he is always doing something ... he went to work this morning with 101 temp ... he has a doctors appointment for blood draw and I think the infection is still there ... I think they will have to hog tie him and run an IV of antibiotics through him to get infection in check so they can do further testing ... he's a hardheaded man , the one I've got ... until he is free of fever and white count goes down they won't run the colonoscopy to get a good look and what they saw that scared them ...

calling in favors ... Bo is the first in line when a neighbor needs help ... we have hay that needs cutting in about a week ... he does all the cutting , raking and baling ... I come in for loading and hauling ... now I am really pissed that he has not allowed me to learn to run the equipment ... so I am pulling rank on him and working on putting together a hay crew ... we have three tractors , two mowers and two hay forks ... and with a crew of 4 and some food to fill them ,  it can get done in a third of the time as we usually get it done ...

starting august 1st we are having 40 days of revival at church ... we have about 250 people in the congregation ... the elders have worked out a sign up sheet with 30 minute slot pray and meditation  , so that for 40 days , 24/7 at least one will be praying ... for the church as a whole , for individuals as requested , for our community , our country and our world ... other churches have heard and are joining ... I am thinking of starting early
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Cheryl R

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 06:31:18 pm »
Has there been any mention of a possible ruptured diverticuli or infection of the diverticuli?    This is not cancerous but sounds like he needs IV antibiotics with the fever still up.   It could  go on to be an abscess.             I can't remember if he had a CT scan done.     Not a good time of year to be sick as if it is ever a good time with farming.           I hope he gets taken care of soon.
                     Prayers for all of you and Bo and your family,               Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 08:01:12 pm »
I'm glad you have some farm help lined up. It's tough to ask for help sometimes, but I'm sure your friends are happy to repay the many times Bo has helped them out.

Meanwhile, still keeping you all in my prayers. Take care of yourself as well as Bo.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 08:39:40 pm »
Soundy -

it's wonderful to hear that your neighbors are there to help out.

Wish we all lived in your neighborhood; we'd lend a hand, too.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Soundy

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 04:17:16 pm »
Bo went in yesterday morning for colonoscopy and they removed 6 polyps ... some looked "suspicious" according to doctor... will know for sure next week when biopsy results come back ... the bleeding was coming from a tear in upper part of rectum ... he has antibiotics for infection and suppositories to aid in healing tear ... if it doesn't heal he will have to have surgery to fix that regardless of what biopsies show ... he is on soft diet til Sunday and not liking that at all ... I told him just to think about how the exit of a heavy meal would be  and eat his smashed taters ... he's tired of  eating smashed potatoes , pudding , broth , jello and Gatorade

he has been a grouch all day today ... may have something to do with the fact that when he came home yesterday he went bouncing back through the hollow checking cows and fences instead of going home and taking it easy as he was instructed ... today he is sore inside out ... I checked the cows ... we did have a bull calf born this morning ... I can't throw it and band it on my own ... I didn't report it to Bo ... as long as we get him in the next few days we can handle him ... after they are about a week old they are hard to catch ... if Bo doesn't spot him first I figure Sunday or Monday I will tell him ... he doesn't need to catch and hold one just yet ... he is out right now checking the chickens just in case we didn't gather all the eggs or feed and water them right ... grrrrrr ... but I love him
Translab July 2 ,2007

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 04:23:26 pm »
Thanks for letting us know, Soundy. Continuing to keep Bo (and you as well) in my prayers.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Mei Mei

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 06:01:56 pm »
Dear Soundy,
I know what he is going through.    Just to add a piece of practical advice here, I had surgery there before and the nurse a week before the surgery got on the phone and gave me one of the best practical home made remedy for this that works better than store bought Tucks.

Buy a whole bunch of 4x4s and baggies and Witch Hazel at the drug store.   Soak one or two 4x4s in the witch hazel and put one at a time in the freezer.   Make about 20 of these to keep in the freezer as long as you have this problem or when there is a flare up.   Take one out  of the freezer and  out of the baggie.   Place the square on the rectum as you are lying down.   leave on until it's no longer cold.   Keep applying throughout the day until it gets better and the inflammation goes down.

Hugs to you both!
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 06:33:34 pm »
Bo sounds like an amazing man, I will pray he is all fixable!
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

Soundy

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 05:47:34 am »
Bo is doing OK ... he bush hogged for about 2 hours yesterday and took the starter off the Blazer ... then did alot of resting ... he is amazing sometimes  ... he has a lot of get up and go even when he should be taking it easy ... he went back to work today after being off all last week except Monday ... he was told at work that if he needed more time off right now to take it ...  he has 18 weeks of time built up but hates to take a day off unless absolutely necessary just in case something comes up that he has to ... hoping he doesn't have to use much of that time even though I think he should take off some time to just relax ... I don't think he knows how to slow down ... waiting for test results is hardest part right now ... I have given up on trying to make him sit still ...
Translab July 2 ,2007

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 09:52:46 am »
Bo sounds like a very hardworking man...w/a stubborn streak  ;)  Hang in there, Soundy. I will keep him in prayer for healing and insight into his need to balance that healing with work.  Good luck to both of you, my dear! At least he isn't running fever, right?

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

moe

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 11:09:03 am »
Here's hoping Bo and you are doing all right. Two very strong people. Prayers going out for a clear results on the polyps.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Soundy

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2011, 09:33:07 am »
Bo said he did OK at work yesterday ...but even if he hadn't he would lie and say he did ... he is fever free which I know makes him feel better ...and back to normal eating ... he is eating light meals but real food ...

he told me to go get him a doctors note for jury duty ... he is still taking a half dose daily of  miralax until fissure is healed ... if he doesn't get off he will be sequestered for a murder trial ... he is worried that the farm would fail in his absence if sequestered and that we could not keep things running ... we did it for a week with a foot of snow , I think with the absence of hay needing to be put out and only 3 heifers in pen behind barn that we could handle it  ... I think he is really  worried he would have an accident in the court room ... what ever the reason I am going to doctor office today and see if he will give him a note
Translab July 2 ,2007

Mei Mei

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2011, 11:06:33 am »
Oh, Soundy, I hope so.   He has so many responsibilities at home.
Hoping you get the letter.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Soundy

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 06:07:41 pm »
the doctor had a family emergency come up and is in the Philippines  ... and the hospital won't give us report without sign off from the surgeon ... grrrr ... going to see if our PCP can get it ...surgeon won't be back until Thursday ot Friday ... Bo is anxious but not nearly so much as I am   ... I just want to know something yesterady... if something is wrong we need to start addressing it  ...

Bo has the theory that if it was bad , the hospital would be doing something instead of waiting for doctor ...my gut tells me he is right ... if PCP can't get it tomorrow it is going to be another long week of waiting ...
Translab July 2 ,2007