Author Topic: Debbie  (Read 6997 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Debbie
« on: August 14, 2011, 09:39:17 pm »
need prayers for three girls that got up this morning to a world without Mom and their Dad who is going to be lost without her too ... Debbie was 42 and the mother of one of my girls Scouts ... her and Tim have 3 girls ... Keeley is 13 ,  older sister Chastity  who is 18 and younger sister Leticia who is 9 ... Chastity is suppose to leave out for college this week ... they had a big going away party last night for her ...Debbie cleaned up after wards and went to bed somewhere around 1:00 this morning ... when they got up this morning she was dead in her bed ... her husband is fighting several cancers and for past 4 years or so she has been working at walmart 6 days a week ,10 hours a day to make ends meet...

I have had Keely in my Troop since kindergarten ... she has gotten a little boy crazy  over past month or two and Debbie was worried she would land in trouble ...when I talked to Debbie Thursday she said the girls were gonna be the death of her one day ...

we went to Ronald McDonald House this morning and cooked breakfast for the families that are there... cleaned up part of the basement , washed windows , played with kids ...just whatever ...went to Centennial Park to have a short devotion; then to Shoneys to eat ... had a good day ...when I got home there were countless messages for me ... kinda numb and in shock ...

the shopping trip I took with my girls to buy prom dresses when they were worried I wouldn't come home from surgery alive and they wanted that memory with Mom , keeps running through my head ... all the firsts she is going to miss with her girls ... she did things with the girls when she could but trying to survive day to day living meant she didn't have nearly enough time with them... she always was appreciative of the three GS leaders that have her girls and give them a little time

my girls are very subdued ... they have unfinished projects that are suppose to be turned in tomorrow morning for 4-H ... they came in and tried to finish them but kept piling on or around me until I told them to take showers and go to bed ...

the world lost a good woman today
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: Debbie
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 10:10:57 pm »
My heart breaks for Debbie's family and friends. I will pray for them, although that doesn't seem like much - it is all I can do. Hearing of tragedies such as this is a reminder to live life as fully as possible with our loved ones, because we really don't know what day may be our last with them in this lifetime.

God be with Tim, Chastity, Keeley and Leticia. And with Debbie's good friend Soundy as well.

MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

MZB475

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 06:17:30 am »
What a terribly sad story. My heart is breaking thinking of what they are going through. God Bless them all. I'm not sure where/what city you are in...but if they are in the Greater Boston area...I'd love to figure out how to help.
Laura B
Diagnosed 2008
Wait and Watch--blessed to have this gift :)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 02:21:22 pm »
Soundy ~

What a heartrending situation! 

I've seen this kind of sudden, untimely, death before (wife's friend died of a ruptured aneurism) and it is always devastating, and even overwhelming due to the unexpectedness of the loss.  As we all know, life is ephemeral but we have expectations of our biblical 'threescore and ten' (70) years on earth and build our lives on that premise.  When a life is cut short (by illness or accident) many people suffer the loss in various ways, not the least of which are the children of the decedent.  When it is a loving mother that dies prematurely, the shock and loss is, at the least, doubled.  With that sad reality in mind, my prayers go out for Debbi's husband Tim and the children, Chasity, Keeley and Leticia.  May they find solace in the love of their friends, like you and your girls, Soundy, and in the everlasting grace of God that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7).   

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 06:17:43 pm »
The world did lose a good woman. There are still several living in the area, though...you and all the caring, loving women who will be there for those girls and their dad.  God bless you, Soundy.  Our prayers are w/ the family and all those who care for them.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Keri

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 07:09:35 pm »
Wow, I just echo what Jim and Sara and everyone said. You are a great friend and support. But.. life is so tough. I pray for the day when "He will swallow up death for all time, and the Lord God will wipe tears away from all faces." (Isaiah 25:8)

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 09:16:20 am »
Amen :)
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Chances3

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 01:09:42 pm »
Dear Soundy,

This is so sad at every level, that I cannot even find the right words to respond.  Like many of us, I've known tradegy as well, and we all worry about the kids.  I hope there is an extended family and friends that can help in rearng these girls.  I am praying for Debbie's husband, for a healthy recovery.  Thank you for sharing, I have them all on my prayer list now.

God Bless !

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 09:42:23 pm »
Soundy, my heart goes out to Debbie's husband and children - and everyone else who knew her.

This is a true example of how short life can be and how unexpectedly it can end.   A tragic story for sure.

Prayers and hugs to all,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Soundy

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 02:21:09 pm »
went to visitation last night ... the two older girls and Tim are doing OK ... Leticia was with family and had to be sedated ... she is going to have the hardest time of the three ... Funeral today was not as bad as I thought it would be ... celebration of Debbie's life ...I mean friends and family are sad but were remembering good times and the person she was ...

Tim is currently in remission and looked real good ... last time I saw him he was worn out looking from just coming off chemo and radiation ... he has gained weight back and seemed his old self ... both sides of the family has rallied round to help them along with many friends ...
Translab July 2 ,2007

Soundy

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 02:36:39 pm »
PS
preliminary findings indicate a ruptured aneurysm that was not known to be there ...
Translab July 2 ,2007

opp2

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 08:00:04 pm »
So sad for them and for you Soundy. One day at a time, one minute at a time if need be...
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

Chances3

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 11:15:02 am »
My family has had their share of tragedy, so just a suggestion.  See if a close family member can intervene and see if the girls can go for grief therapy, either professionally or through their local church.  I believe it will help them.

I have them in my prayers.

God Bless.

Soundy

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 06:55:31 pm »
Sarah's Upward coach last year is the youth minister at the church that Debbie's kids attend ...I know he is working with them and I plan on putting a bug in his ears about things she was worried about concerning the girls ... I have discussed them with the school guidance councilor and she says that speaking to him would be appropriate
Translab July 2 ,2007

skipg

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 07:43:43 pm »
It is very difficult to understand why these things happen to good people. I will pray for the family and for God to wrap His arms of love and comfort around them and fill the void they have. Thank you for sharing this tragedy with us.

Skip
Self diagnosed 11/17/2010 (love the internet)
MRI 12/2010 Official diagnosis 1/3/2011 RT AN 7x6x4mm's
MRI 6/17/2011 no change still 7X6X4
MRI 7/20/2012 growth spurt to 14mm
Aug 8th consult and decided on Proton Therapy
Proton Therapy @ Hampton Proton Institute,       done on 11/20/12