Author Topic: Eye twitches two years post op  (Read 3114 times)

newmommyLA

• My Caring Bridge Journal
Eye twitches two years post op
« on: October 05, 2011, 07:30:30 am »
My AN eye has been twitching under the eyelid for three days now.  It is all day long and very bothersome.  My facial paralysis lasted about six weeks, but I have always noticed my AN eye does not open as wide as the other.  Have had a few twitches come and go, but never all day.  Anyone here had this?  I cannot imagine what I will do if it never stops:(

Thanks,
Amy
6mmx8mm AN rt side.  Mid-fossa surgery HEI House/Schwartz 10/28/09.  Temp facial paralysis (8 weeks), SSD, severe tinnitus & hyperacusis, tumor all gone.  12/23/09 cochlear nerve section (trying to reduce tinnitus) no major improvement on tinnitus. Trying biofeedback/neurofeedback for tinnitus.

newmommyLA

• My Caring Bridge Journal
Re: Eye twitches two years post op
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 01:26:10 pm »

Posted this on another thread too, but wanted to share my findings with those of you here.

Eye twitching lasted 5 days non-stop...24/7.  Saw my doctor and took blood.  She referred me to a neurologist.  On day 3 I shared my issue with a co-worker and he told me to try potassium.  I looked online and learned potassium and magnesium (especially mag chloride) can help nerve/muscle twitches.  After two days on the vitamins, it almost stopped.  It's still there a little.  Always there a little bit when I smile and more frequently when I'm staring at my computer 10 hours a day at work.  I don't think I will see the neurologist unless it gets really bad again.  I heard they can do things like inject botox and other procedures to help constant twitches, but I don't want to mess with my face anymore than I have to:)

Thanks for your responses and support.  I hope my suggestions can help others.

Best to all of you!
Amy
6mmx8mm AN rt side.  Mid-fossa surgery HEI House/Schwartz 10/28/09.  Temp facial paralysis (8 weeks), SSD, severe tinnitus & hyperacusis, tumor all gone.  12/23/09 cochlear nerve section (trying to reduce tinnitus) no major improvement on tinnitus. Trying biofeedback/neurofeedback for tinnitus.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Eye twitches two years post op
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 02:43:29 pm »
Amy ~

I'm pleased to learn that you managed to find a solution to the twitching....one that didn't involve needles in your face! 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.