Author Topic: 2 year post op MRI results  (Read 1726 times)

ghenier27

2 year post op MRI results
« on: December 17, 2011, 07:12:03 am »
Hello to all my friends here, it has been away too long since I posted anything. Many may recall that I was and am my doctors ( Dr. Steven Lewis UF @ Gainesville,Florida ) poster person for the surgery I had October 17th, 2009. I was in the hosptial 4 days, walking the neighborhood in 8 days after surgery and driving a week and half after surgery. Four weeks post op, I was lifting my 130 pound disabled daughter from her bed into her wheelchair daily. In my first year check up, I found out that I actually had 2 neuromias, 1 large and the othermuch smaller. My second year, I am proud to say that I feel like I never even had one. I am still tumor free and can pretty much do everything I could before the surgery. I will say that I did lose the hearing in my left ear. But it has been gone for so long, it doesn't even bother me anymore. I am wishing you all the best results you can have and I would love hearing about your experiences you are going threw. Happy Holidays, debi  :)

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: 2 year post op MRI results
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 08:10:17 am »
Hi Debi .....

So good to read such a positive update on your two-year ANniversary!  Your story gives us all hope!  Thanks for sharing this.

Best wishes for continuing positive progress!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 2 year post op MRI results
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 03:26:45 pm »
Hi, Debi ~

Wow!  I thought I'd had a 'good AN experience' but your recovery was even faster!  Congratulations! 

This kind of 'real-life' testimony from another AN patient is very helpful to those just diagnosed and fearful about the future.  Although not every AN patient has such a rapid and complete recovery, the fact that you did is very encouraging so thank you for sharing your positive comments.    :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.