Author Topic: Some Good News and Sort of Not So Good News  (Read 2360 times)

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
Some Good News and Sort of Not So Good News
« on: January 04, 2012, 03:02:04 pm »
First the good news.  Went to the neurosurgeon again today and the good news is he put me on a wait and watch status.  Scheduled me for another MRI without contrast in September, another audio test in October, and an appointment to see him to discuss results in October.  So my husband's comment was that I have nine months to use my powers of positive thinking so THINK SHRINK!!!!!

The current size is 10 X 5 mm or so the doctor said which is slightly different than what he said on December 16th (10.2 X 4.5) but who am I to argue such trivial matters. 

Second the not so good news.  The sort of not so good news is the hearing in my left ear is basically useless.  He said I have hearing but that my word compression is so bad that it renders what hearing I have left unserviceable.  He even said a hearing aid wouldn't help which I don't totally agree with since my hearing aid does help somewhat.

So now I feel like I can stop running around like Chicken Little screaming the sky is falling at least until September.

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Some Good News and Sort of Not So Good News
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 03:07:47 pm »
Karen ~

Congratulations on the good MRI report from your doctor!  The hearing loss is unfortunate, of course, but there is always the option of a BAHA, should it come to that, so the situation is not at all hopeless.  Enjoy the next 9 months, definitely 'think shrink' - and try to stay in touch with us.  Thanks.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
Re: Some Good News and Sort of Not So Good News
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 03:24:30 pm »
Thanks Jim. 

I was just reading posts under Wait and Watch and am very interested in the diet (China Study) and life style changes.  Need to do those things regardless of the WW status.

Will stay in touch for sure.

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back