Author Topic: 9 days until surgery  (Read 2978 times)

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
9 days until surgery
« on: January 16, 2012, 09:28:19 pm »
Gulp!  I just keep coming here..
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: 9 days until surgery
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:45:38 pm »
Many thoughts and prayers for peace and relaxation as you approach surgery.  You will be fine!!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 08:03:10 am »
I hear ya girl. Im still over a month out & keep coming here. I also go to Facebook acoustic neuroma. Very nice people there too. One gal had surgery I believe last year & had to another last week and another yesterday. She is very positive & strong. She's young too. Look me up on FB. Im going to PM you my name. Invite is open to all others here too. Just PM me.
Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

waypoint

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 10:10:44 am »
Good luck to you.  You'll come out of this just fine.  Many of us have down this same road and have continued on with our lives all be it alittle different. Remember rehab at home afterwards is critical...
2.4cm AN removed, Retrosigmoid, 10/1/07
Memorial Hermann, Dr. Chang & Dr. Alp
lost hearing Lt side, paralysis Lt side hopefully temporary
recovered from the balance issues at about 4-6months

alabamajane

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 10:45:27 am »
StephSF
Good thoughts and prayers going your way for surgery and recovery. TRY to relax and enjoy your week doing the things you can now to make yourself comfortable after surgery. You will be fine I am sure. This is a time for peace and inner reflection and not stress over "things coming".. easy to say I know, but we have all been there too.. God Bless,,Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 12:17:24 pm »
Thank you my friends.  Had to find my tools again and have a nice visual of letting go and letting God. 
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!

schmidtkat

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 07:34:28 pm »
Stephanie,
The Letting Go and Letting God is so powerful. Be at peace knowing you've done your research, are going to the best place for treatment and will leave it God's hands to do the rest. I know, easier said than done, but have faith. Another tidbit someone shared with me is to F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely on God). I had frog beanie from a special person to keep that visual in front of me.
Thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family and the medical team you've chosen.
Kathy  :)