Author Topic: Translab next week  (Read 7334 times)

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
Translab next week
« on: January 19, 2012, 03:07:13 pm »
As I finish up preparing to leave all six of our kids and 3 dogs and 3 cats while my partner and I and my mom fly to L.A. Monday, I am reflecting on my gratitude fr all good things and challenges.  Thank you to all who posted support and answered my questions with your experience since last november 17 when I got my AN diagnosis.  I have appreciated the people of this forum!  I have a new found sense of humor, knowledge, and outlook on life because this experience sure made me greatful for my life.  I know the real work begins right after surgery and I know so much is unknown...as we all have unique experiences.  I will check back here when I can and thank you all again. 
Stephanie
Humor today....trying my earbuds to see if I really am almost deaf in the left...trying to imagine what it will be like...SSD.  I can't understand anything going in that ear except for a bass beat maybe.  Also, trying to see if my eyes still blink in unison....it's just a wired mind $&@?, sometimes. 
Greatful for the love of our 7 kids and supportive partner....who already speaks up and accommodates where I need to sit.  <3
1.6 cm AN dx 11-17-11
Translab scheduled 1-25-12 at HEI with Friedman, Shwartz, Stefan
Fullness, tinnitus, tiny balance issues, 80% loss and what is left is distorted
Hearing loss started back in 1993...attributed to ear infection....fullness July 2011
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Translab next week
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 03:18:01 pm »
Stephanie ~

Thanks for your generous words of appreciation for the folks that make up the ANA website forums.   I think you made some folks blush.    :-[

I wish you a spectacularly successful surgery and a rapid, complete recovery.  Your attitude is excellent and will hold you in good stead as you go through the surgery and recovery.  We'll look for you 'on the other side'.    :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 05:14:36 pm »
Steph .....

That's the attitude!!!  You will do far better than you ever hoped, I just know it!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 05:39:28 pm »
Stephanie my best to you and wish the best for your trip and surgery.  Will keep you, your partner, seven kids, three dogs, and three cats in my thoughts.   :-*

Let us all know how it all goes.

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 06:14:07 pm »
I'm here for you. Keep staying strong. I will try to do the same. You are a very strong person & you have great support.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 09:35:37 pm »
I love you guys!
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 07:50:34 pm »
Steph
Tomorrow 1/25 is your BIG day. Sending good thoughts & prayers your way. Will see you as a postie soon.  ;)

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

stephanieH

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 08:36:04 pm »
Stephanie, I will be praying for you tomorrow, and will continue to do so as you recover.
Stephanie

1 cm AN, 2009 translab (left), Austin, TX.

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 08:19:07 pm »
*UPDATE*
StephSF's partner just sent me a message saying that Steph's surgery went well. Facial function is preserved. Not too much dizzness and some nausea. She sat up in the chair today and will be moved to a regular tonight.
I'm so very happy and cannot wait to hear from StephSF herself.

Mindy

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 08:42:29 pm »
Yaaaaay!  Glad all went well ..... just knew it would!

Continuing thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

cindyj

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 08:43:53 pm »
Great to hear it!  Thanks for letting us know, Mindy...

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

schmidtkat

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 10:21:07 pm »
MIndy,
Thanks for the update. So glad to read of the successful procedure!
Kathy

waypoint

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 12:41:43 pm »
Glad to hear it went well for stephSF.  Wishing her a quick recovery.
2.4cm AN removed, Retrosigmoid, 10/1/07
Memorial Hermann, Dr. Chang & Dr. Alp
lost hearing Lt side, paralysis Lt side hopefully temporary
recovered from the balance issues at about 4-6months

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 01:51:15 pm »
Great news, glad to hear.

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

JAndrews

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 08:34:23 pm »
Happy to hear all went well. Here's a tip..I took the phenergan tablet (anti-nausea) every time I took a pain pill or had the pain med put thru my IV line...I never vomited or had any nausea. After I was discharged from the hospital I continued to take the phenergan every 6 hours until I left California..it definitely can't hurt..and even with the dizziness I never had one episode of nausea or any type of stomach upset.
2.5cm x2.0cm cerebellapontine angle meningioma. 100% removal 2/2009. House Ear Institute. Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz. SSD right ear. No balance problems except when really tired, no headaches. Transear hearing aide made no difference, tried it for 4 months.