Author Topic: Just completed my CK at Stanford with Dr Chang  (Read 3272 times)

recharge

Just completed my CK at Stanford with Dr Chang
« on: February 04, 2012, 10:01:24 am »
Hi All!,

I just wanted to update my CK treatment that i had from Monday - Friday ( Jan 30 - Feb3) at Stanford with Dr Chang and his team.

It went very well.
Day1 : I had consultation with Dr Scott Solitics and Dr Chang. They explained very well about this procedure and what to expect from this and also i had few questions about the tumor and it's location in general. They are the best giving answers to all my questions.

Day2: Radio therapist prepared my head mask and then , they took my CT scan and MRI .

Day3 : First CK treatment and i was little anxious . Dr Scott explained me how they are going to give the dose . He went over the CT scan with me and explained very well about the dose concentration on each area of tumor and surrounding tissues. My tumor was already invading cochlea and mostly close to cochlea. They had to give dose to Cochlea too ( i guess 80% dose). I asked Dr Scott to measure my tumor with CT scan image. CT scan image is really high resolution one. So , he advised me that this measurement and MRI measurement may vary little bit as MRI has less pixes than CT Scan.

Radio Therapist Jacky is awesome one. He just told me to relax and listen to music before he set up the head mask. I couldn't believe that 30 mins already passed :). Jackie came back after the treatment and told me that i did great and i got A+ . I was mostly worried about my deep breathing and swallow during the treatment and he said that CK adjusts the position if the target is moved or CK will stop the treatment if the head movement is too much.

Day 4: This time , i got adjusted well with head mask. I also adjusted the swallowing and deep breathing. Jacky told me i did great.

Day5: Now , it became kind of routine. I felt so great and very excited to have it done with this CK. Then , i met Dr Chang and he advised me to have followup MRI done after 6 months and see how it goes.

It was really great to meet Dr Chang and his team and get treated my AN with them. They are simply great! Awesome folks!

So far ,i don't feel any symptoms except some fatigue.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Recharge

Tumbleweed

Re: Just completed my CK at Stanford with Dr Chang
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 12:34:14 am »
Congratulations, Recharge! You are now officially a toasty postie!

Dr. Chang is great, isn't he? He is also my doctor.

Best wishes,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

Anomar11

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 08:06:11 pm »
Congratulations.  I also had CK at Stanford.  Quite the place, and I found everyone to be quite nice.
L An diagnosed 5/08 2.0 x 1.1 x 1.3 cm.  Cyberknife Stanford Drs Chang and Gibbs Nov '08.  One yr: 2.1 x 1.4 x 1.6, Two yr: 2.2 x 1.5 x 1.8, Three yr: 1.9 x 1.5 x 1.5, Four year 1.6 x 1.1 x 1.1, Six yr: 1.4 x .7 x .9

cindyj

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 10:19:41 am »
Congrats!  Know you are so glad to have it done!  Hope you guys were able to enjoy some things while you were out there.  See you in a couple of weeks  :D

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

recharge

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 07:05:05 pm »
Thanks TW , Cindy and Anomar1.

I also had a chance to participate in the Stanford AN meeting during my CK treatment.And i met Mark (10+ yrs CK ) . It was great to meet Mark there.

Richard_T

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 03:41:27 pm »
Congrats Recharge!  Welcome to the post-treatment group.  Here's hoping that none of us need any follow-up, ever!
1.9 cm x 1.6 cm x 1.8 cm AN diag. 12/09/11
CK at Stanford 1/20/12