Author Topic: Possible tumor growth  (Read 8272 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: Possible tumor growth
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 04:01:58 pm »
Nice to hear from you Jim,

I always value your opinion. I have not ruled out going with my docs oncologist/partner but found something about him a little disconcerting his level of experience targeting with my CT scan.

I will be contacting Dr. Friedman, Dr. Kondzuilka, Dr. Golfinos, Dr. Rush, Dr. Roland, Dr. Haas and Dr. Clinton Medbery Are there any others with whom I can talk?

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 04:12:13 pm »
Mike ~

Not that I'm aware of - but Dr. Jonathan Haas oversaw (with my neurosurgeon) my FSR treatments back in 2006 when he was (briefly) at The Hospital of Saint Raphael in New Haven, CT.  The FSR treatments were very successful and he was excellent so, based on that experience, I highly recommend Dr. Haas.  I'll be interested to see what you think of him. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

MDemisay

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 06:14:18 pm »
So Jim,

Are you saying I have time to do further research, in your opinion?    ^-^ Whew! Don't worry, I won't take long to do the research!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

JAndrews

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 08:02:16 pm »
My tumor was completely removed at House Ear. My tinnitus prior to surgery was a loud ring..since its been removed I get the crazy noises that make me think its back again..but it is not..MRI is clear..and I had the MRI read by 3 doctors..just to make sure! I do think by the size of your tumor you should have it removed, especially if you are young. But thats just my opinion....Hope all goes well with you:)
2.5cm x2.0cm cerebellapontine angle meningioma. 100% removal 2/2009. House Ear Institute. Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz. SSD right ear. No balance problems except when really tired, no headaches. Transear hearing aide made no difference, tried it for 4 months.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 11:25:16 pm »
Today I got copies of my CD containing my CT scan with and without contrast. My report says that my 1.4 x 0.9 cm schwannoma measures now 1.8  x 1.3 cm. Is this big?

My AN was 1.5 cms when I was diagnosed and I was told it was small.  I believe that big (or large) is typically 4cms and above.

I don't think the growth is cause for alarm, IMO it's not substantial enough.  That said, I'm not a doctor, so follow through with your plan to see what some docs think.

Good luck,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MDemisay

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 11:57:54 pm »
Jim,

LOL! Do you know what my surgeon said? There's good news and then there is good news......The first bit of good news is that your tumor appears to have grown a little the second bit is that we will be doing Gamma Knife with lowest dose treatment you'll be outa there in ten minutes. His Co-Director said an hour.

I am still looking for opinions! However, I have copies of my CT scans ready, I just have to query Docs tomorrow.

Wish me good luck

Mike

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 09:34:40 am »
Just another NY doctor Michael Sisti is suppose to be very good as well....

Good Luck,
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 12:53:45 pm »
Mike ~

Splendid news, indeed!  Congratulations - and I hope your research bears fruit, soon. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

MDemisay

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 10:58:46 am »
Jim,

I don't feel guilty here, there is something to be said for following a doctors recommendation, though.

That info would have been useful in 2010! Now, I have less time for planning what to do next......as far as getting a second, third and fourth opinion!

Thanks!

Mike