Author Topic: ANA NE Discussion Forum Brunch - April 22 2012 12noon Maxwells Worcester  (Read 28015 times)

Mei Mei

Hi everyone coming to the Worcester!

I'm flying up from Maryland on Saturday and hoping to get a ride on Sunday morning from the Watertown area where I'll be staying.    I would like to contribute to the gas as that is a big item nowadays.    I can meet you in Brookline, Watertown or the Waltham exit of 128 if that works for whoever answers this.
Thank,
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Mei Mei

Hello All,
I'm sorry to say that I cannot come to the meeting next Sunday as I was planning to do.   I've been working on the airfares and they are out of sight.
Jet Blue last summer was $80 RT to Boston and now it is between $400 and $500.     Priceline and Southwest to either BOS or Hartford went from $800+ to $1300+
Oh well, should have won the lottery but didn't.    Will start planning way ahead for next meeting.   Really miss my New England friends.
Hugs,
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Mei Mei ~

I'm so sorry you won't be able to attend the ANA brunch on the 22nd.  However, the airfare is definitely prohibitive and makes it understandable as to why you can't do it.  At those inflated prices, few of us could.   

We were looking forward to having you join us but I'm optimistic that you'll be able to find a way to attend the autumn brunch. 

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mei Mei

Thanks, Jim.    I was all excited about it and looking forward to meeting you and your wife.     I worked on the airfare for two days but finally saw the reality.

I will be with all of you in spirit .
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

wayneF

Hi Phyl,

Chris and I are back in town and will be there on Sunday.

Have another MRI on Wednesday... will have the report and DVD by Friday.

See you Sunday.

Wayne

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
meimei..... Amtrak... "Northeast Corridor".... trust me on that one... :) :) :)

Wayne, got your email as well and you/Chris noted... as well as Rita.

FINAL HEADCOUNT TURNED IN TO RESTAURANT.  ANY REGRETS/CHANGES, PLEASE NOTE HERE!  THANKS!

RSVP: 

Phyl and da bloke
lholl36233 and mom
Jim Scott and Tina
MZB475/Laura Barbaro (ANA Metro Boston Support Grp Leader) and spouse John
LisaP/Guest
Lynn Mc
SML/Scarlett and Rich
Rivergirl/Cindy and (insert Steve or Donna here!)
KMcGowan/Nancy and Keith
Kathy and John Plante
KMacDonald/Kathy and Bob
Aprilcl/Chris
yoga52smh/Sue
Lynn Latalli and Husband
Julie Maxwell and husband
wayneF/Wayne and Chris
Rita B.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MZB475

Unfortunately Mz B (Laura B) and spouse (John) are regretfully unable to attend. Just got a call from a family member....confirmation of godchild got moved due to "CHURCH RESCHEDULE" because of logistic problems. Sorry....!!! ENJOY and hope all are well!
Laura B
Diagnosed 2008
Wait and Watch--blessed to have this gift :)

ppearl214

• Administrator
Unfortunately Mz B (Laura B) and spouse (John) are regretfully unable to attend. Just got a call from a family member....confirmation of godchild got moved due to "CHURCH RESCHEDULE" because of logistic problems. Sorry....!!! ENJOY and hope all are well!

Laura
Got your email as well and SO sorry to hear you and John can't join.  Hang in there!

RSVP: 

Phyl and da bloke
lholl36233 and mom
Jim Scott and Tina
LisaP/Guest
Lynn Mc
SML/Scarlett and Rich
Rivergirl/Cindy and (insert Steve or Donna here!)
KMcGowan/Nancy and Keith
Kathy and John Plante
KMacDonald/Kathy and Bob
Aprilcl/Chris
yoga52smh/Sue
Lynn Latalli and Husband
Julie Maxwell and husband
wayneF/Wayne and Chris
Rita B.
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
Sorry for the last minute cancellation......I have gone from brain tumor to acute osteoarthritis of my knee, I never knew it hurt so bad.  Was hoping I would have a good day today and could make the trip but the day was awful so I cannot make it.  Guess the good news is that it is almost a year for me and I feel I still am healing, the journey has been a long one.  Just didn't want to deal with any more problems..... it has been a tough year, brain surgery, loosing my beloved baby brother and now the knees.....guess I have to keep smiling, putting one foot in front of the other.  Have a great day.
Cindy
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

Jim Scott

Just a quick note to tell everyone that the Northeast ANA Discussion Forum brunch at Maxwell's in Worcester, Massachusetts was fantastic, as usual!  21 attendees - including some 'new faces'.  Great food and good conversation.  The only thing missing was Phyl, who couldn't be with us this time and was sorely missed, along with Cindy, Kathy & Bob.  Rich took a few photos and will post them (or a link) asap.

No date set, yet, but the next brunch should be held in October.  Stay tuned for details.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
Jim

Thanks to you and Lisa for ALL of your help with yesterday... and trust me, I had no intention of missing the brunch and it came down to the last minute.  I was made aware of Kathy and Bob not attending early Sunday am and apologies if I didn't get to you in time to alert you due to other issues here.  Thrilled you all enjoyed and yes, great news re: Dr. Barker.  Now, as for the symposium.... my take on it is this.... much like many cities hope to host an Olympics games..... can Boston pull it off? ;)  Criteria:  You  have to have a member of the Medical Advisory Board (who has the time/energy available to help with coordination as it is a huge feat to attempt).......  can we get 1 of the 2 MAB members of Boston to host the 2015 symposium?  How can the folks within New England help nudge that along? :)

Thrilled you all enjoyed and will have to look at the calendar for next Brunch (typically held in October).... dates in Oct anyone?  Columbus Day weekend is out for me (my wedding anniversary).

Phyl

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
I'm sorry I missed the brunch, but I'm enjoying the warmth of the Arizona sun. Headed home tomorrow.

You'll have to fill me in news about Dr. barker and the possibility of getting the symposium in Boston. I'll do what I can to help!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
ANA Brunch at Maxwell’s April 22, 2012

Hi Everyone,

Thank you Phyl for organizing the Brunch, we’re sorry you couldn’t be there. Your Brazilian Nut makes a great omelet. Thanks Jim and Lisa for filling in.

Dr. Barker joining the ANA Medical Advisory Board was exciting news to say the least. Scarlett and I will be sure to thank him when Scarlett goes for her follow-up on May 10th.

The Brunch is such a nice “informal” way of catching up with old friends, and making new ones. As usual the time goes by too fast and before you know it, it’s time for the group photo shot.

Check out the photos at: www.photobucket.com/april2012maxwells

We had great time, thanks again 8) 8)

Rich & Scarlett

P.S. You can view previous Brunch photos by clicking on “View SML-Rich56’s Profile” then click the “Recent Albums” tab. Tip: you can use the “F11” key on your key board to toggle back and forth between full screen and normal, this works anytime your on the internet, not just viewing photobucket.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:49:32 am by Rich56 »
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Beautiful photos nice to see faces to the many names on here and you would never know that any of you had an AN...

Best Wishes,
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Jim Scott

Thanks Rich.  Nice job on the photos.  It was great to see you and Scarlett again, too. 

Jim