Author Topic: God and Acoustic Neuromas  (Read 7088 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
God and Acoustic Neuromas
« on: February 20, 2012, 09:04:27 am »
Good Morning Everybody,

It is with great pride that I resurect this great thread I found in the Archives section, written in 2005!

:)Yesterday, I found it, it was originally started by David Wrubel. In it he mirrors my feelings almost exactly, really. Thank you David (wherever you are), you have captured my feelings. It is for us to do the research, choose the most talented doctors, make the decision about which doctor or team of Docs to go with, which hospital we want to go with, get a team of supporters family and friends to pray for you (in this case it was my family ,a few of you, and a prayer circle of friends from Marriage Encounter) the day of surgery, I felt lifted as if by prayer. I had made the right choice.I had interviewed 14 doctors, not that I am thinking that all of us can do the same! I was trying to avoid surgery ! By then the majority of experts all agreed that surgery was the only option.

By all means, send your MRI and CT scans out, then pick your doctors from a limited pool. And then make your final choice and trust that your friends on this board, your family, and God are on your side to see you triumphantly on the other side of this.

Assuredly, I am in the middle of this, but thanks to David Wrubel ,other moderators like Jim and Lynn, I will make my choices soon and I will do it with God's blessing and Divine guidance!

This is the very best advice I can give!

Good luck to all in your respective interviews, my advice is let your gut lead you! Let God do everything else!

Mike

The rest was in God's hands
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Chances3

Re: God and Acoustic Neuromas
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 12:31:09 pm »
Hi Mike,

Amen to that brother.  Place your trust in Him, seek Him out and He will respond.  What goes on here on this little blue planet, the third from the sun is temporal, but the Creator has a much bigger plan for us all.

rayden1

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 01:09:34 pm »
Hi Mike

Thank you for that post.

You are so right

AnnX

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 02:46:45 pm »
Mike ~

A robust 'Amen!' to your comments.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 07:23:56 pm »
Mike.

There is a saying "God only gives us what we can handle".  It is such a true statement.  Keep on believing in God and all will work out for the best.

TJ

MDemisay

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 08:34:52 pm »
True that! Hopefully, we shall all slow down and be changed for the better! Look at us already, we are gaining strength from each other, I'd say that surely represents change for the better by the Grace of God! It "feels good" already!

Keep it up!
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 04:34:04 am »
Regardless of religious beliefs, may those that guide you bring the comfort you seek during a rough time that we endure.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MDemisay

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 11:15:32 am »
Thank you Phyllis!

You and Jim are excellent moderators, I think. Keep on encouraging us, you are doing almighty work, whether you know it or not!

Mike

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 04:03:30 pm »
A couple of weeks ago my daughter gave me a lovely bracelet with a medalion that says Believe in the power of...  She told me to wear it to help get rid of my AN. 

So I Believe in the power of prayer and self!  (Self as in positive thinking)
Karen 
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

MDemisay

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 06:56:18 pm »
 :D Thank you Karen for sharing that with all of us and with me!

Fondly,

Mike

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 10:08:36 pm »
This forum is without a doubt THE most respectful website I have ever seen in regards to spiritual beliefs. Nothing but positive and uplifting comments to be found.

Thanks to everyone for keeping it civil and inspiring here.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 04:35:40 am »
Thank you Phyllis!

You and Jim are excellent moderators, I think. Keep on encouraging us, you are doing almighty work, whether you know it or not!

Mike

Thanks Mike for the kind words... just doing me job :) Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MDemisay

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 12:07:15 pm »
Everybody,

When I went to Church, I found that quite a few Saints that one can pray to for intercession. In particular, St. Jude as the Patron of difficult cases of things almost despaired of.

Does anybody have any others?

Just trying  to be helpful!

Mike

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 05:40:22 am »
Mike

As this is a world-wide discussion forum with many that practice their own, multi-diverse personal beliefs, I am thrilled that your's brings you solace as you go through this diagnosis and what it brings down the road.  As what I believe in brings me inner peace as well.

Thrilled you have found your joy.... as many here have... and many that hope to as well.

Believe in the friendships made and support provided found here on these forums is wonderful for many.

Thanks for sharing.
Phyl

David Wrubel

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 09:43:24 am »
I just found this thread; I wrote that piece so long ago but nothing has changed my outlook. I am gratified that many of you have found it helpful.

The original post can be found here: http://www.cs.umb.edu/~dqg/newone/davidw.htm

Stay healthy.....DW
Regards....DW

5+ cm right side AN removed at House Clinic, Drs. Friedman & Hitselberger 4/13/2000, age 47.  Facial nerve intact. No eye problems, headaches, or balance issues. Drove 6 weeks later. 1st biz trip 8 weeks later. Huge tumor....great outcome.