Author Topic: At Seton Hall  (Read 7769 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
At Seton Hall
« on: March 04, 2012, 08:37:59 pm »
We arrived today at Seton Hall. Haven't met anyone here yet. Read the guest book. Very nice to read. There is nothing to do here. Any advice?
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: At Seton Hall
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:50:04 pm »
Unfortunately, there's not a lot to do around Seton Hall...you'll find once you get discharged and are back in Seton if there's other fellow AN'ers there post op, you all will be roaming the halls at night, sleepless and groggy...a terrible contradiction!  We were lucky, we had the room right across from the common room, that made things easy!  Oh yeah, I also remember fixing the wireless internet after I came back! :)  Also, Seton is not in the best area in LA, so I wouild discourage walking around in LA at night!  People have done the Tar Pits tour while there though, that's not too far from you.  Of course Hollywood/Beverly Hills are all not too far away as well.  Anyways, I hope you don't go too stir crazy waiting for that magical date!

Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

LisaM

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 10:29:05 pm »
mindyandy...

I'm a Los Angeles local, if there is anything I can do to help or support you, let me know.  Just PM me!

C'est moi,
Lisa M
Wait & Watch
1st Symptom Temporary SHL 7/10 AN Diagnosed via MRI 4/14/11
AN Size 4/14/11 = 1.4cm x 1.8cm x 1.7cm
AN size 7/14/11 = Same - Stable, no growth
AN Size 2/01/12 = 1.3cm x 1.3cm x 1.6cm (5mm reduction)
AN Size 11/27/12 = less than a centimeter! (50% reduction! And I can still hear!)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 05:21:18 am »
mindy......

hugglez!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If you run into Brad and Angelina, tell them mwah  :-*  for me!

Hang tough, m'dear!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 08:26:46 am »
Hey Mindy .....

If you have a car, Griffith Park and Observatory in Glendale is a neat place to go to see a really neat view of LA.  I agree with Jay that walking in the area (except over to the Clinic through the hospital) is not an exceptionally good idea.  The garden is a lovely place to go, however.

Jay, you must have been in the same room we were ..... right across from the Breakfast Room.  So many fond memories of friends we met there.

Best thoughts.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 08:47:16 am »
Another great place to visit, if you have a car, is the Getty Museum -- it's really breathtaking.

Catherine (Jersey Girl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

cindyj

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 10:11:42 am »
Or, go to the beach for a view of the sun setting over the Pacific - beautiful!  Enjoy your day, whatever you do. 

:-*

cindy

PS - Will someone be able to update us after your surgery to let us know that all went well?
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 11:23:51 am »
Mindy - good luck, girl!  Will be thinking of you & praying for you.

Karen

P.S.  Was a California native girl till 24 years ago when I got transplanted to Florida.

Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

AZ JB

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 02:45:44 pm »
We're praying for you Mindy, & will anxiously wait to hear the GREAT NEWS that your surgery was a complete success!!!

Bob & Judy

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 04:07:09 pm »
Hey Mindy, chris and I and our kids are thinking of you and praying for you,  you are going to do amazing.  We jut shopped but didn't have extra time in l.a.  We had good pizza delivered the night I was released to seton hall.  Love ya friend!
Steph
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!

michele

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 06:17:32 pm »
Hi Mindy.  We have barely corresponded with each other, but I want you to know my prayers are with you.  If it's okay with you, my husband and I plan to follow your progress on your caringbridge page.  I will be hanging onto every detail as I am scheduled for surgery on April 4th with Friedman & Schwartz.  Also,  I'm sure you'll meet a fellow AN patient named Hildy from my area in Texas.  She has surgery next week with Brackman.  Good luck and keep us posted!!

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 06:27:36 pm »
Thank you. Is Hildy having AN surgery?  What approach are you having done?
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

BeckyMax

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 09:25:44 pm »
Good luck to you, I will be following you as well.

Becky
7mm x 5 mm Left AN, diagnosed 2/9/12
7mm x 6 mm  8/12
9mm x 7 mm  8/13
Cyberknife 12/13

windy

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 09:56:55 pm »
Mindy,

I see you have arrived at Seton Hall now. You know I am praying for you and wish you the VERY BEST with your surgery on Wed. You know you are in good hands. I will be following your case too, of course. I will be watching for future posts!

Windy
* Diagnosed w/AN (9mm x 11mm x 9mm) - 6-10-08
* GK @ UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford - 8-5-08
* Stable MRI - Aug. 2009
* 2 MM's Growth - Aug. 2010
* Lost 60% Hearing - Dec. 2010
* More Growth?? - Wait & Watch - Jan. 2012
* 1 MM Shrinkage - Aug. 2012
* 2 MM's Shrinkage - Aug. 2013
* Slight Shrinkage - Aug. 2014

michele

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 10:23:49 am »
Yes, Hildy is having AN surgery also.  We met at a local AN support group meeting.  I will be having Middle Fossa since I have normal hearing.  I guess you will have someone updating on caringbridge for you?