Author Topic: Oops lost an hour?  (Read 3835 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Oops lost an hour?
« on: March 11, 2012, 01:11:29 am »
In the grand scheme of things, does an hour that passes at night really matter all that much? Nobody misses it except the night shift and they get their pay back in the fall!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Oops lost an hour?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 01:19:22 pm »
In the grand scheme of things, does an hour that passes at night really matter all that much? Nobody misses it except the night shift and they get their pay back in the fall!

Here's a metaphor for DST and it's dubious benefits: only the government could believe that cutting a foot off the top of a blanket and sewing it to the bottom, would make a longer blanket.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

MDemisay

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 03:57:07 pm »
Dear Jim,

Although there are a group of us,  namely the people with pronounced balance issues, who do like daylight much better! Plus Springing ahead does give us more hours of daylight. I tend to walk more wobbly at night!

I wonder about up north where it is dark for 6 months of the year, does it produce more depression or more wobbliness in people living with AN's?

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 07:43:07 pm »
In the grand scheme of things, does an hour that passes at night really matter all that much? Mike

YES!  I'm exhausted hence I'm going to crawl under that blanket that had a foot cut off the top and sewn on to the bottom.   ;D

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

MDemisay

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 12:05:07 pm »
Guys,

I did it!  :o I stayed up and watched on my cable as the clock moved magically from 1:00 in the morning to 3:00 am. I am so proud of myself! However, I did get to sleep in Sunday morning!

In my opinion, this loss of an hour should be celebrated in some way other than to relegate it to the weekend when no one seems to mind!

Karen,

you do have to get another blanket! LOL! IMHO!

Mike

lrobie

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 12:16:11 pm »
The time changes just messes everything up.   I'm a little groggy the first week and my stomach has to get used to eating before it's growling.
My son told me this morning that it was dumb to change the time this week because he starts his school standardized testing and now he's going to be tired and won't be able to concentrate!   ;D
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 03:03:05 pm »
you do have to get another blanket! LOL! IMHO!

A foot off the top, a foot off the bottom; I'm so short it really doesn't matter.  Could be missing both the top & bottom foot.   :D

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 09:10:20 pm »
The time change hasn't really thrown me off - this year it's the weather.

Yesterday, March 14th, it was 81 degrees.  I work two blocks from Lake Michigan and the number of people on the beach at lunchtime was incredible.  And there were probably about 30 dogs at the dog beach having a hell of a time  ;D

It was truly an amazing day - preceded by at least 5 equally amazing days and estimated to be followed up by similar weather for another week.

Not complaining at all; just can't believe this is "winter" in Chicago.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways