Author Topic: Another year of good news!  (Read 4948 times)

Cheryl R

Another year of good news!
« on: April 11, 2012, 09:14:43 pm »
Good news of no new tumor and audiogram remains the same.       Survived the MRI  just fine even though isn't my favorite way to spend some time.       Again asked if getting older makes less chance of getting another tumor with same answer that no guarantee when one has NF2.  This makes 4 yrs now of no new one.      I so appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts from everyone as does mean so much to me.         I have had times of thinking the hearing is acting up so glad audiogram said no change.             Need to keep my one good ear.
                                                                                   Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: Another year of good news!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 11:28:27 pm »
Cheryl, one word for you....YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Jackie

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 12:21:04 am »
Fantastic news Cheryl,

You are so deserving of this great news!!! I hope it's your new trend!!!
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 01:46:45 pm »
Cheryl ~

Congratulations on another 'clear year'!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

JAndrews

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 07:16:10 pm »
I am soooooo happy for you!
2.5cm x2.0cm cerebellapontine angle meningioma. 100% removal 2/2009. House Ear Institute. Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz. SSD right ear. No balance problems except when really tired, no headaches. Transear hearing aide made no difference, tried it for 4 months.

Kelly718

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 08:17:57 pm »
That's great Cheryl! I knew you would be okay! Enjoy Disney! It's my favorite place to be!!
3X3cm AN removed via retrosigmoid, 3/07

Dr. Davis is my hero! :)
A sense of humor goes a long way!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 03:47:38 am »
LOVE good news Cheryl! Here's hoping you both went out to celebrate!!!!!  MAJOR congrats for another year of good news! :)

xoxoxox
Phyl

Good news of no new tumor and audiogram remains the same.       Survived the MRI  just fine even though isn't my favorite way to spend some time.       Again asked if getting older makes less chance of getting another tumor with same answer that no guarantee when one has NF2.  This makes 4 yrs now of no new one.      I so appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts from everyone as does mean so much to me.         I have had times of thinking the hearing is acting up so glad audiogram said no change.             Need to keep my one good ear.
                                                                                   Cheryl R
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Cheryl R

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 07:58:36 am »
Thanks to everyone for thinking of me.     We did the Iowa City trip as a one day thing to save money since week from tomorrow is Mickey Mouse time and can really celebrate.       Not a cheap place to go but has been in the planning for a long time.                        We were there in 2005 and some of you may remember there was the AN symposium there which was super!     Should be done again, of course after Boston.   I had one balance nerve then so did ok.   This time is different.     Our oldest daughter did planning to the extreme and would make a good travel agent.     We are staying in a villa which will be nice.    We haven't seen the MI daughter since last summer so really looking forward to seeing her.           She met us in 2005for all our first time there and has been back at least 7 times.    She has been sending us a pic every day since 30 days out of a disney item at their house.    We say they are a disney museum.     Our grandaughters are very excited.     We are doing the princess breakfast.      My husband and some are doing the Sedgway tour.   No way I am!             So now is nice to be able to relax and get away.          I am not posting on FB we are going till get back.         Kerri is taking her laptop so can still check in here.   
                                                                   Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 06:30:59 pm »
Congratulations, Cheryl!

Have fun @ WDW.  My ex and I took the kids many, many times when they were little - beginning when they were 18 months old.  We did the princess breakfast 2 or 3 times; it's hard to get a reservation, but well worth it.

Enjoy!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 03:21:31 pm »
Many congratulations, Cheryl!

-Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.