Author Topic: PRAYERS for fellow ANer PLEASE!!!  (Read 8130 times)

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
PRAYERS for fellow ANer PLEASE!!!
« on: May 02, 2012, 05:24:38 am »
This is for someone not here on the forum (I don't think).  I've gotten to know her via Facebook AN groups.  But of all people who understand the most.....it is our AN community!!!!!

I am asking for LOTS of prayers for a fellow AN (acoustic neuroma) friend that is having complications now following her tumor removal a week ago. Her name is Molly Brennan & she is from Michigan & is at U of M. She was just taken back to the hospital with a CSF leak.
She also had already had a bit of complications because following her Translab in the cerebellar area of the brain being moved around, it has been 'angry' and responding with complications, incoordination.....almost as if she has had a stroke (but, thankfully she hasn't).
Thank you for your help!! I strongly believe in power of prayer!!!

Denise S (MI)
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

nann

Re: PRAYERS for fellow ANer PLEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 09:21:00 am »
Denise,
So sorry to hear Molly is having complications. I will definitely being praying for her fast and complete recovery. Big hugs going out to her.

Keri

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 09:53:36 am »
I'm sorry too, and will pray for her. I'm glad you're 'there' for her in support.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 10:54:31 am »
I too am praying for Molly. I know her from FB forum. Prayer chain has great power.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Chances3

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 11:04:18 am »
Hi Denise,

It sounds like Molly is going through a lot.  I will pray for her healing and that she will have the mental and physical strength to get through this difficult time.  Prayers for her family and for the medical community that her doctors make the right decisions for her.

Thank you for sharing and God Bless you as well.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 01:27:57 pm »
Denise ~

Thanks for alerting us to Molly's situation. 

I'm sorry to learn that another ANer is having these post-op struggles.  I'll definitely be praying for her to get through all this and begin her recovery.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lrobie

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 01:41:54 pm »
Denise,

Thanks for sharing this.  I'm not always on the FB site, so I didn't realize this had happened with Molly.  My continued prayers for her and her medical team...

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 01:57:23 pm »
Denise,

Prayer request received, I will be praying for Molly Brennan.Please assure Molly that people are praying for her from around the country and to join the ANA forum!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 09:04:20 pm »
Denise,

Prayer request received, I will be praying for Molly Brennan.Please assure Molly that people are praying for her from around the country and to join the ANA forum!

Mike

Mike, I did speak to her about the forum before she was even scheduled for surgery.  I am not sure whether or not she joined.  I have reminded her that the forum is here and a GREAT tool AND support area!!!   I HAVE let them know via her Caringbridge page that prayers and thoughts for her ARE coming from around the world!!!!  ;)

Thanks,
Denise S (MI)

Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 09:16:06 pm »
PLEASE continue the thoughts & prayers for Molly!  They welcoming anything right now!!

She 'was' having no symptoms at all that are normal with a CSF leak, just much drainage.  They wanted to start conservative by keeping the head bandage on tight pressure and used diuretics help......etc. etc.    At that time everything else seemed to be coming along fine.   

Well, this evening the leakage got more steady & discolored and she started getting low pressure headaches.  The surgeons are coming back in to remove her staples and restitch with very very tight sutures.  Somehow what they are doing should give a result of:  build of leaky fluid that will create a taught environment called a back flow.  This will create its own pressure on the internal 'hole' and cause it to seal over.     Supposedly the next option would be lumbar drain.   

Hopefully this will help stop the leak so she can move on with her recovery!!

THANKS again for all the comments, thoughts & prayers for her!   Of all people in this world.....I know us ANers seem to 'get it' the most!

Denise S (MI)

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 03:40:42 am »
G'day Denise

Please pass on my best wishes too, to Molly.

I'm remembering the 5 CSF operations I went through to try to stop the leaks and you begin to wonder 'why'?  The pressure bandage is the first course of action and I hope it works.  Doctors are miracle workers with ANers and I love them all to bits!

Let her know that it will be sorted and she'll be talking to us all in pretty quick time. My heart goes out to her.

Love and best thoughts being sent her way.

Suu xxoo
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 03:43:47 am »
Denise,

Sending thoughts/prayers/healing hugglez for Molly..... so sorry to hear of these complications and hoping that there is a turn for the positive VERY quickly.

You hang in there too. What a friend she has in you!  :-*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 06:30:50 am »
More prayers for Molly so concerned for all her problems .... The power of prayer is going to work for our FB friend.

Continue prayers and thoughts are with you Molly and your family...

Best Wishes
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Brewers7

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 08:54:18 am »
praying down south
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

Aprilcl

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 05:47:11 am »
We are thinking and praying for Molly.
Diagnosed 2011
Surgery 10/26/2012
Mass Gen and Mass Eye and Ear
Drs. Barker & McKenna
AN size 1.5 cm
Also vascular compression of facial nerve