Author Topic: Music Therapy Joe Bonamassa great!  (Read 3138 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Music Therapy Joe Bonamassa great!
« on: May 14, 2012, 09:54:16 pm »
Hey there! Just enjoyed the electric blues guitar stylings of Joe Bonamassa live in Red Bank NJ! Talk about shaking the tree he shakes your very core and makes you forget your troubles! My wife decided to give me these as a birthday present in March, thanks hun!

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: Music Therapy Joe Bonamassa great!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 12:23:05 pm »
To all,

I don't take what's left of my hearing lightly but if you've never been before you should make plans to attend one of Joe Bonamassa's concerts. It's like a religious experience!

He plays because it is his passion and he plays because he loves it! For those of you that don't already know he has been playing electric guitar since he was 12! He is now 35. His performance was nothing short of excellent. I am a huge Jimmy Hendrix fan. This is on par with that! If Jimmy were alive today, he would be jamming with this man! His 13th album comes out in days!

His style isn't flamboyant clothes (in fact his style is that he dresses in black), he doesn't play with his teeth or behind his back or light his guitar on fire but he does everything else with a flair reminescent of Hendrix! It was inspiring to behold!

My wife, (God love her) made an ear plug out of a paper napkin and gave it to me. Truthfully, I had it in my hearing ear for a while but it didn't stay there long!

I couldn't keep it in, the music was just too good! Even if you couldn't hear at all, you enjoyed the vibrations from his speakers! I did!

What a truly awesome performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Ned

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 03:37:36 pm »
Saw him in London live on tv recently, what a player!
2003   1.5cmX1,6cmx1.3cm
FSR Sara Cannon Cancer Center  Nashville
2006  1.1 cmX1.2cmX .9cm

G_Man

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 10:55:01 pm »
Mike
    I never expected to be talkin' bout JB on the ANA forum.   I was in the 4th row for one of the Beacon shows (11/4/11) that was made into a DVD.  I got to use my muscian's ear plugs.  They worked extremely well.  The only downsides of the night:
1.  He didn't play "Sloe Gin" or "John Henry"
2.  You know that hot chick that shows up to every concert on the planet, in the front row who stands up and blocks your view for the entire show?  Yes you guessed it.  She was there right in front of me.  I didn't see her in the video so maybe they used the footage from the second show for the DVD.
    "Sloe Gin.  Sloe Gin.
     Gonna' wash away the pain I'm feeling inside."

Glen
Diag: 08/11/2009 Left side
AN: 0.6cm.  65% Hearing loss, tinnitus, fullness, minor motion issues.
hearing loss over 25+ years.  MRI in 2000 showed nothing.
Optical Atrophy from infantcy
Watch and Wait.
As of 2017 I am on a 2 year MRI frequency.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 04:20:44 pm »
Wonder if you guys were at the same concert as my brother.  He lives in Summit, NJ and he's a big Joe Bonamassa fan. 

Has been listening to him for years and even had Joe autograph one of his guitars back in 2003.

I'd never heard of him myself until my brother posted pictures on his Facebook page.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

G_Man

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 09:18:30 pm »
One day early last year I was flipping through the TV channels and I landed on a documentary about Joe making one of his albums.  I really liked it.  At the same time one of my facebook friends started posting Joe's videos.  Then I went into work and my coworker started talking about him.  JB was playing a show in the city and I wanted to go w/my coworker.  He said no.  Then when Joe came back I said, "We're going."  Been a fan ever since.  JB isn't exactly consistent.  He's got some great songs and some not so great ones.  But there is so little out there in the way of new artists that are keeping the older styles alive.  if you love the old stuff you've got to support these new guys doing it. 
Diag: 08/11/2009 Left side
AN: 0.6cm.  65% Hearing loss, tinnitus, fullness, minor motion issues.
hearing loss over 25+ years.  MRI in 2000 showed nothing.
Optical Atrophy from infantcy
Watch and Wait.
As of 2017 I am on a 2 year MRI frequency.