Author Topic: Natural remedies anyone ??  (Read 7537 times)

russ

Re: Natural remedies anyone ??
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 04:26:11 pm »
Hello!
  You wrote: "What do I have to loose ??
  Oh money, time, hopefulness, expensive urine, etc...

Russ  ( Nicely misdiagnosed at UIHC by McCabe then Gantz; I have NF-2 it was discovered at Mayo, not Menieres )

tony

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 09:44:35 am »
I understand Russ`s issues here - but in defence of the offending
Hospital(s), AN`s (even NF2) and Menieres are often mis-diagnosed/confused,
and symptoms are in some ways similar.
Usually its only the MRI that gives the absolute confimation
one way or the other - another reason to get second opinions ? etc
Best Regards
Tony
(PS doesnt entirely explain why a sinus infection is often a AN "misdiagnosis"
does it ??)

russ

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 02:45:47 pm »
Hi Tatianne!

I hope you catch this as I'd like to express my apologies for being so quip re natural remedies.
  Also, my rant about my own misdiagnosis, which really had nothing to do with your original post. The ANs showed clearly on the MRI and it was the chummy personal relationship between two Drs which caused the misdiagnosis. The interpreting Radiologist had the Dx correct.
  Re Natural remedies, I'm not really a believer but know some are for finding relief from symptomology especially and personally think much has to do with a placebo effect.
  What ever, I hope those things help you!
  Again; I'm sorry for my quipness and am not sure what proked that except just see Dr Rubenstein's name on a post just before that one as someone's surgeon. Dr Rubenstein was in Iowa City where I had my problems misdiagnosed. He's now in WA, I believe.
  Best wishes!!

Russ

tatianne

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2006, 10:10:46 am »
no worries Russ, we all have a right to our opinions and feelings, no harm done.

Im one who believes that everything in our bodies has a cause or a reason that its there, doctors can fix these problems but can rarely actually get to the bottom of why.
Naturopaths can sometimes help with that, and as you mentioned can often help ease pain,stress and other symptoms.
A good massage does wonders for me, my ear ringing is less, muscle tension is released and i sleep better for a few nights after.
Im blessed to have insurance that covers things like naturopaths, massages etc.....so why not try it while im not really doing anything anyway.

Russ you are an inspiration tome, you have been through a lot and you are available to help everyone else around you, thats an amazing quality to have.
T
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......