Author Topic: gait problem (new technology)  (Read 2336 times)

reg

gait problem (new technology)
« on: June 06, 2012, 02:45:58 pm »
 :)i  recently read an article that applied to my gait problems.  my problem is placement of my right foot and concentrating while walking. it causes me to get fatigued real quick because im thinking about where i have to place my next step to prevent stumbling or falling. well i got in touch with my neurologist and we were able to get the technology and i tried it and i felt and noticed instant relief.  its called the walk aid and it works as a stimulator fitted on your leg below the knee. it shocks or stimulates movement of the foot.  in other words it prevents or works on whats called foot drop. the company is called hanger prosethics. i hope this info is benefical to others
4.5 cm retro surgical removal dec 06

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: gait problem (new technology)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 03:21:02 pm »
Reg ~

Thanks!  That kind of sharing of AN-related info is what makes the ANA forums so helpful.  We appreciate your contribution.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.