Author Topic: Non AN Health Issues... Prayers Needed  (Read 2353 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Non AN Health Issues... Prayers Needed
« on: June 12, 2012, 07:42:00 am »
just what we need around here... another health issue ...

Sarah has not grown an inch in height in almost 3 years ,,,she dropped from about 115 to 80 pounds when they got her off migraine medicine... she has no development such as hip definition ,no hair on legs , pit or nether region and no breasdevelopmentnt ...first blood work shows "extremely low" hormones ...  palpation of belly doctor can feel now ovaries ...he said the won't do an internal exam unless it is 110% necessary and at almost 13 it is scary and traumatizing to have a doctor poke around in you ... heck it is traumatizing when you are 50 ... she has to go for ultrasound to see what they can find ... but can't do that until after July 30th when she turns 13...

this kid wants to grow up and have kids ... she doesn't realize that if what they think right now is correct she won't be able too ...  we talk around her and she thinks we are just trying to find out why she isn't getting taller ... doctor hopes she has small ovaries that can be jump started with hormtherapyeapy that he says can be pretty harsh... her doctor caught her at birth and has taken care of her ever since ... he knows her kid plans so we are trying to not let her know what all they are checking until we know exactly what is what ...

she just deals with the lymphatic malformation on her lumpy little mouth and surgery has kept it in check and unless you look hard you wouldn't know anything was wrong with her face ... kids notice and can be mean but she has learned to handle anyone that tries to start something ... but this will devastate her ...her plan of a baby around 25 and adding more later may be blown …

Keep her in your thoughts and prayers … pray that this nearly 13 year old will be able to have a baby if she still wants to when she is 25 …

odd to be hoping your 13 year old will be able to get pregnant ...

if things are that bad the doctor says give her time to let it soak in and then talk up adoption ... help her form a new dream/plan ... let her know that not giving birth is not the end of the world ... we have friends that have a little  boy from Ethiopia and there is a set of twins at church that are from India ... they were orphaned from the tsunami ... she has  some friends at school, twins , adopted from Russia ... they had been abandon at about 6 month old and the agency that had them wanted them kept together and finally put them on international list  to get them a home ... their parents met them when they were 2 have had them since they were 4 and they are now 11 ... a boy and a girl ... they remember sitting in a crib and just changed and fed ... they were just starting to walk when they came here and not totally toilet trained... I think if things are bad Anna and Lucas can be a big help to her ... they can show her that there are many kids out there that could use a mom ... you would never know these kids were born in Russia ... they have been turned into little country hicks and have over come their rough start ...

keep her in your prayers please
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Non AN Health Issues... Prayers Needed
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 12:39:20 pm »
Soundy ~

This is a tough break for your daughter and a real challenge for you, her mother, should the worst case scenario came to pass.  I'm a parent but no daughters (just one fine son) so I cannot offer credible advice here.  However, if your relationship with your daughter is a good one, which I'm guessing it is, that should make any potential heartbreaking explanations a bit easier for you to deliver and your girl to hear and process.

Of course, like many, I'm sure, I'm praying that the condition can be treated and your daughter will eventually be able to experience natural motherhood.  If not, I trust that adoption will look better to her as she matures.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Non AN Health Issues... Prayers Needed
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 02:47:37 pm »
Prayers for Sarah.

God may have a plan for her that she may not understand, but keep in mind that families are made in all different ways today.   Not everyone who becomes a parent necessarily has a biological child (or children).  I know this from personal experience.  If it weren't for the selfless act for a very generous egg donor, I would have never become a mother; my ex was opposed to adoption (although I would have adopted in a heartbeat).

Sarah is lucky that there are so many options these days, so take heart.  If the worst case scenario comes to pass, her dreams don't have to die.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways