Author Topic: facial pain  (Read 2877 times)

Karen

facial pain
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:12:21 pm »
even though my face is numbs it stillhurts does anyone else have  that problem.   Ihad a MRI      last

september and the doctor said no sign of regrowth   its been 8 years sincemy surgery   face is dumb deaf in ear,dry eyeand facialparalysis.
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

alabamajane

Re: facial pain
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 11:42:59 am »
Hi Karen,
I had my surgery and resulting graft done in Oct 2011 so not very far "out",, most of the numbness has gone from my face,, all that is really numb is jawline and ear and little in my neck.. but no real facial pain,, however, it may be what they are calling synkinesis,, but that side of my face draws up when I have eaten/chewed alot or talked excessively (who me???),, and I find myself massaging it to relieve some pain and like soothe the nerve on that side.. I also massage my forehead alot as it gets sore right between my eyes mostly on the side of paralysis.. it's not fun to say the least.. not sure if that helps,, Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

HJY

Re: facial pain
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 12:18:52 am »
Hi Karen!
I agree with Jane - proper facial massage will reduce pain hugely. It takes awhile to 'break the pattern' - much like in neck or back pain, but once you are massaging regularly that muscle tension and build up will reduce pain and tightness hugely. Is there a Facial Retraining therapist in your area you could go to? Hope the info helps!

Heather
1.4cm L sided AN removed 6th Dec, 2010 (7 weeks after my 3rd baby was born!)
Surgeons - Proff Marcus Atlas & Dr George Wong, Ear Science Institute, Perth Western Australia
Mid Fossa,Hearing preserved,HB level 6 facial palsy Balance
issues
1st Oct, 2011 - Facial recovery HB 2-3, sudden HL of 30dB