Author Topic: Surgery Scheduled at HEI 7/12 Anyone else going then?  (Read 8956 times)

miller

Surgery Scheduled at HEI 7/12 Anyone else going then?
« on: July 02, 2012, 07:37:38 am »
I am scheduled on 7/12 at HEI, and I was wondering if anyone else of the forum will be out there at that time.

Cheryl
6/1/12 Diagnosed AN 3cm x3.1cmx3.2cm
Hearing Loss, Mild Tinnitus
Translab HEI 7/12/12 Wilkinson Schwartz
SSD, No facial paralysis, Tinnitus

It is what it is

Re: Surgery Scheduled at HEI 7/12 Anyone else going then?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 07:47:18 am »
Hi Cheryl,
Lisa will be there for her surgery and I fly in on the 29th for surgery on 8/1.  Will you still be there by then?  My thoughts are with you both. 

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

miller

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 08:01:43 am »
Karen,

It looks like we may just miss each other.  I think I will be leaving around the 25th depending on how the recovery is going.   

Cheryl

It is what it is

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 08:21:56 am »
 It would have been fun to meet you in person, but you will be so ready to be home by then.  :)
I will read every detail of your journey and will be one of your behind the scenes cheerleaders.

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 10:31:00 am »
Cheryl
Lisa will be there for surgery on July 18th. Maybe you guys can meet. Who is doing your surgery? Your in great hands at House.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

miller

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 01:01:34 pm »
Wilkinson/Schwartz are the ones doing my surgery.  Looking forward to being on the other side of this operation!!

Cheryl

It is what it is

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 03:56:37 pm »
I sure understand that!!!!!!!!

Karen

rchi

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 01:49:40 pm »
Hi,   I am a new member a little late to get on the forum.  Karen, I am having my surgery HEC on July 11 with Friedman and Schwartz.   Looks like I will be one day ahead of you.   We are flying out on Mon July 9th from Dallas,TX.   My AN is 11mm and I am having the middle fossa surgery.   I have lost earring in my right ear, and am hoping they can save the rest of it.   We are staying at the Seton house so I am sure we will be meeting each other

Good Luck to you!
Roseanne

miller

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 04:50:57 pm »
Roseanne,  I am flying out on Monday also.  Looking forward to meeting you!!

Cheryl

It is what it is

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 04:55:04 pm »
These doctors are definitely keeping very busy with all of us!  My support goes out to all of you. 

Karen

lrobie

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 09:18:32 pm »
So it sounds like there will be quite a few of us there around the same time.  LizAn is there now and just got released today to Seton.  I'm following her Caring Bridge site.  My surgery is July 18th.  Pre-op appointments on the 16th and 17th.  I'm staying in Burbank though, so I'm not sure if I will get to meet you.  I will be arriving in L.A. on July 11th....via Amtrak.  Spending several days with my husband and son doing fun things.

Lisa

P.S.  Good luck and prayers for all of you.
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 04:41:39 am »
Lisa
You have 2 days of pre ops? I had my pre op done all in 1 day. NE-ways I want to wish you the best and I want to wish everyone before you and after you the best. I know this is hard....believe me I know but you will be here posting as a postie in no time. House is wonderful and so is everyone at St Vincent. The doctors are wonderful & Dr. Stefan is funny.

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

lrobie

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 07:53:04 am »
Hi Mindy - Yes, two days of pre-ops.  They couldn't get it arranged to have mine all in one day.  That's okay.  The one on Tuesday is at 9 a.m. which will hopefully give me time to do one last fun thing.

Karen - Roseanne - Cheryl -  I had a call on Thursday from Yvonne.  I couldn't fully understand her message but it sounded like she was saying she was calling to go over my insurance and out-of-pocket expenses.  Of course, I panicked because I believe the only out-of-pocket I have is my co-pays for the doctor visits.....or is she calling last minute to tell me my insurance isn't covering.  I confirmed with my insurance early on.  I've had this scheduled for two months.  Have you three received a similar call?  I called Yvonne back and sent her an email on Friday.  She never responded.  I'm leaving tonight on Amtrak from Pennsylvania.  This has me a little stressed.   ???
Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

It is what it is

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 08:38:11 am »
Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing any additional stress right now.  Laurie is the person I'm working with and she told me my insurance agreed to pay the usual and customary costs for this procedure.  My guess is she is confirming your co-pay.  My out of state insurance is only in the state of Oregon,
so they don't have a contract with HEI/St Vincents which means I'll have some additional costs.  Since you weren't told this, you probably only have to confirm you'll pay your co-pays?

Have a fun trip with your family. You are in my thoughts often and I will send you caring supportive thoughts and prayers daily.  If you have a chance to send updates, I will be very interested in hearing about your experience and your progress. 

Warmly

Karen

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 04:25:37 pm »
Lisa
Hope you have a wonderful time while you are there. There is one test that I didn't care for & thats the one where the check your balance.  Dizzy