Author Topic: Pre-Treatment Facial Twitches on both sides?  (Read 1995 times)

nicole22

• What?
Pre-Treatment Facial Twitches on both sides?
« on: July 16, 2012, 01:08:21 pm »
Hello,

I have been diagnosed with a medium-sized AN a couple of months ago. I never noticed any twitching until after I was diagnosed. In the last few weeks I've noticed facial twitching, mainly on the opposite side of the AN. Has anyone else had the happen? I don't have another appointment with the doctor for a few weeks so I have to wait but was hoping someone else has experienced this and could hopefully ease my mind a little.

Thanks!
Michelle
Translab Surgery: 9/12/12

Lou

Re: Pre-Treatment Facial Twitches on both sides?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 02:04:25 pm »
hi Michelle, its interesting that you say the twitches are on the opposite side. My father -in-law had a brain tumour ( it was from his lung cancer) and he had a stroke like episode on the opposite side, his consultant said it was because the brain worked in reverse so it would affect the other side to the tumour. I have bilateral facial nerve neuromas and I get twitches on the opposite side of the largest of the two. I am waiting to see the neurologist to ask if this is for the same reason. So it seems to make sense that this is why you are experiencing these symptoms
Good luck
Lou x
''The more difficulties one has to encounter, within and without, the more significant and the higher in inspiration his life will be''

Bilateral facial nerve neuromas
8mm left side and 7mm right side. diagnosed late 2011.Watch and Wait Staus -  Currently at
the mercy of the English NHS system

nftwoed

Re: Pre-Treatment Facial Twitches on both sides?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 09:57:21 am »
Hi Nicole;

Copied from your post: "I never noticed any twitching until after I was diagnosed." If the average AN grows but 1 or 2 mm. per year, how long after your Dx did you notice the twitches?
  I'm certainly not a Dr. and ultimately this is their call; I don't mean any offence or to belittle you, but it sounds like nerves/anxiety to me.