Author Topic: ear sensations  (Read 5561 times)

peggy43

ear sensations
« on: July 19, 2012, 05:03:43 am »
Hi again I am still in limbo as dont have my MRI results yet. I rang the consultants secretary yesterday and she said he has the results and will write to me on Friday, so more waiting. I am thinking that surely I can't have an AN or they would have been in touch urgently. I hope you don't mind me asking questions even though I probably don't belong here.
I have another symptom that has started and its like a crawling feeling inside my ear. Has anyone had this and if so any ideas what it might be? I would really appreciate any relipes as I am going out of my mind with all of this and am worried I will never get to the bottom of my problems.
Thanks again
peggy

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: ear sensations
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 07:28:44 am »
Hi again I am still in limbo as dont have my MRI results yet. I rang the consultants secretary yesterday and she said he has the results and will write to me on Friday, so more waiting. I am thinking that surely I can't have an AN or they would have been in touch urgently. I hope you don't mind me asking questions even though I probably don't belong here.
I have another symptom that has started and its like a crawling feeling inside my ear. Has anyone had this and if so any ideas what it might be? I would really appreciate any relipes as I am going out of my mind with all of this and am worried I will never get to the bottom of my problems.
Thanks again
peggy

Just wanted to say that hoping you do not have an AN yes you are right about getting in touch sooner my doctor contacted me the same day I had the test and mine was only 1 cm. but everyone does things differently and hoping that yours is fine...I do have that crawling feeling but funny not in my ear I have it in my legs ???... We will all be here for you when you get your results...

Best Wishes,
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

sunfish

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 10:41:10 am »
I've had a tingling sort of sensation in my AN ear.  I think it is kind of a facial numbness thing, but inside my ear.  It's very slight.
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC

peggy43

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 02:07:13 am »
Thankyou pjb and sunfish for your replies. I am due to get my results any day now by letter so am feeling very positive that its not an AN but will be glad to know for definate
peggy

Lou

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 08:30:58 am »
Bless you, we can all understand what you are going through. My consultant didn't even tell me about my little friends, I had to beg and plead with my GP to get the results. Hopefully you will get a good outcome ( no neuromas) but either way, our continued love and support are sent your way
Lou x
''The more difficulties one has to encounter, within and without, the more significant and the higher in inspiration his life will be''

Bilateral facial nerve neuromas
8mm left side and 7mm right side. diagnosed late 2011.Watch and Wait Staus -  Currently at
the mercy of the English NHS system

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:05:19 am »
Thankyou pjb and sunfish for your replies. I am due to get my results any day now by letter so am feeling very positive that its not an AN but will be glad to know for definate
peggy

Will be here waiting as well....prayers coming.

Best Wishes,
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

It is what it is

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 12:11:03 pm »
Any results yet?

karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.