Author Topic: MRI results  (Read 3160 times)

peggy43

MRI results
« on: July 25, 2012, 04:26:23 am »
Hi all

I have just had my results from the MRI and they are normal. So although it wasnt done with contrast I think I can now accept that my problems are not caused by an AN thankgoodness. A little bitf me is still niggled about my ongoing symptoms and the lack of contrast but on the whole I am relieved. I have a follow up appointment with ENT at the end of August so will hopefully find out what else these symptoms are caused by.
Thank you so much for all your support during my journey. You really do make this a wonderful site of support and information. I will definately look in from time to time to see how you are all doing
Take care all
Peggy

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: MRI results
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 06:40:22 am »
Dear Peggy,

It must be a tremendous relief to you now that you are sure your MRI results are normal! Congratulations! Please visit us from time to time! After all, it is your result that all of us seek, Newbies and the more Experienced post ANers. Good luck with your appointment in August. Please keep in touch through PM or through this forum. Please know that we are grateful for your thanks. I will continue to pray for your good health.

Good health! Godspeed!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

nftwoed

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 11:40:41 am »
Hi Peggy;

Must say my intracanicular AN of 1 cm. IS visible without contrast. Congratulations in what is likely a clean bill of health for you!

wwarr

• Attitude is everything =)
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 01:32:30 am »
Peggy,

Congratulations on your wonderful news.  However, if you do continue to have your symptoms I would ask for a repeat MRI with contrast to completely rule out the possibilty.  The reason I say this is that my very first MRI did not show my AN of 8 mm x 4 mm until they added the contrast.  I don't mean to alarm you in any way I just want to inform you that they really need the contrast to be thorough in their diagnosis.  I am very happy for you that they think you are clear but I just want to make 100% sure.

I wish you the very best and please know we are here for you!  This forum is a great line of support.

Wendy
4 mm x 8 mm 12/08
1.4 cm rt. AN middle fossa on 7/23/10
hearing and facial nerve preserved. Grateful for brilliant surgeons Dr. Friedman/ Dr. Schwartz @ HEI in LA, CA.

post op chronic headaches
”Faith in every footstep...let go and let God”

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 08:14:34 am »

Peggy,

Congratulations on your wonderful news.  However, if you do continue to have your symptoms I would ask for a repeat MRI with contrast to completely rule out the possibilty.  The reason I say this is that my very first MRI did not show my AN of 8 mm x 4 mm until they added the contrast.  I don't mean to alarm you in any way I just want to inform you that they really need the contrast to be thorough in their diagnosis.  I am very happy for you that they think you are clear but I just want to make 100% sure.

I wish you the very best and please know we are here for you!  This forum is a great line of support.

Wendy

Wonderful news but I too do not want to alarm anyone but we have to be made aware of and help others going through the same..The machines are also different I had a reading of 3 mm difference may not sound like much but in certain situations it can.

Best Wishes,
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Lou

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 12:56:25 pm »
Oh Peggy, I am so happy for you. By the way I am in oxford, if you are ever down this way let me know. Lou x
''The more difficulties one has to encounter, within and without, the more significant and the higher in inspiration his life will be''

Bilateral facial nerve neuromas
8mm left side and 7mm right side. diagnosed late 2011.Watch and Wait Staus -  Currently at
the mercy of the English NHS system

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 02:39:42 pm »
Peggy ~

Sincere congratulations on your MRI scan results.  Well done.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.