Author Topic: Greetings and prayers to all  (Read 2903 times)

HisFireFly

• Flickers of a Faithful FireFly
Greetings and prayers to all
« on: July 31, 2012, 04:05:27 pm »
I have not yet met most of you.  I am still new to the idea of having an AN and also new to the boards.

I know how valuable this type of support is and wish I could write replies to each one of you when you post.

Sadly, we have super slow dial-up internet at home here in the wilds (28k - yes that's kilobyte not megabyte) so it takes forever for me to write even one post!

I read posts as often as possible and do think and pray for you.

I look forward to a time when I will be able to better interact with you all! ^-^
Learning more each day about leaning into His everlasting arms.

KBL

Re: Greetings and prayers to all
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:12:59 pm »
Howdy!
Thank you for your prayers!  I hope you get high- speed soon. 
This group is amazing.  We really are here for each other.
Prayers and blessings to you too!
Karen
5.6 cm. left side retrosigmoid surgery January 2010.  Dr. Villavicencio, Boulder, CO  Cyberknife April 2010  Left side  facial paresis started September 2010.  Gold weight implant Dec. 2010.  Total hearing loss on left side.  As of today, tumor still appox. 28x18x8 mm

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 02:15:25 pm »
Greetings HisFrirefly,

You will find a plethora of information here as well as very understanding souls from all sorts of points of view! Some of us are watch and waiters, some (like you) haven't figured out what to do (newbies), some are figuring out that surgery is right, some are deciding whether Gamma Knife or Cyber Knife(both radiation) is right for them.......One thing we all have in common is that we are all seekers......of wellness! Each with our own individual journeys, each with our own path to wellness!

One thing that I recommend is that this is a decision that you will have to live with for the rest of your life, so be very careful and get at least 3 opinions for the type of treatment you may choose then put them all on a table before you with pluses and minuses on each and go with the one your gut tells you to and let God do the rest.

Welcome to the forum!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

It is what it is

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 06:29:41 am »
I join the others in welcoming you.  This discussion list has been incredibly helpful to me. 

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 05:33:28 pm »
Although I'm sorry you have to join us, I'm very glad you're here.

You'll find the Forum is a great place for advice, ideas, and sometimes just plain venting.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways