Author Topic: June 2012 ANA Notes  (Read 3006 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
June 2012 ANA Notes
« on: August 01, 2012, 10:54:29 am »
Don't know why I never received a printed copy of the June 2012 edition of ANA Notes (the ANA newsletter), since I'm an ANA member  ???

Anyway, I finally got around to printing a copy of it off the ANA's website yesterday.

There is a very well-written article by Dr. Myles Pensak about how doctors help patients make AN treatment decisions.

A highly inspiring story by Kathy Maybriar (Kathy M on this Forum) about her AN Journey as well as her battle with breast cancer.

And for those trying to decide on a solution for their SSD, a very informative article by John Zipprich, ANA Past-President, about his search for a hearing device.

If you haven't read the issue yet, it's well worth the read.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
Re: June 2012 ANA Notes
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 02:36:28 am »
Jan, can you give us the link to that newsletter?  Thanks.
Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 01:58:58 pm »
Dale -

the newsletters are in the member's section of the ANA website.

You have to log in with your id and password to access it.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 05:28:47 am »
Jan,

Did you phone the ANA office re: why the printed copy isn't coming to you? I did get mine... and the articles you noted... esp. Kathy's article :)  really were terrific.  Agree that it's worth the read.

Hi all, please note that as part of your membership to the ANA, you receive the ANA "Notes" Newletters (more like mini-booklet) as its always filled with physician articles/updates..... patient articles, Mailbag  letters, happenings, etc.  Always worth the read.  Please consider a membership to the ANA so you can obtain your copy.  Definately worth staying updated as to what is happening in the AN world we live.

Phyl

Don't know why I never received a printed copy of the June 2012 edition of ANA Notes (the ANA newsletter), since I'm an ANA member  ???

Anyway, I finally got around to printing a copy of it off the ANA's website yesterday.

There is a very well-written article by Dr. Myles Pensak about how doctors help patients make AN treatment decisions.

A highly inspiring story by Kathy Maybriar (Kathy M on this Forum) about her AN Journey as well as her battle with breast cancer.

And for those trying to decide on a solution for their SSD, a very informative article by John Zipprich, ANA Past-President, about his search for a hearing device.

If you haven't read the issue yet, it's well worth the read.

Jan
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"