Author Topic: facial paralysis  (Read 3285 times)

Karen

facial paralysis
« on: August 08, 2012, 07:12:41 pm »
Anyone still having facial discomfort after 10 years AN surgery?  I don't have muchfeeling on that side but Istill have trouble with my face feeling like I have been to the dentist.  I also had the  12/7 done .
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

Kathleen_Mc

Re: facial paralysis
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 04:22:54 am »
Karen
My face still feels as u describe, over 20 years later! I don't expect it will change.
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

Karen

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 11:00:11 am »
How do udeal with that feeling.  at times it is worse than others.  sometimes the numbness feels worse hard to explain   and over yjecounter iuprofin doesnt do any good.   sometimes I have a headache on the an side     .  do you evewr get used to the feeling?
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 08:39:26 pm »
Karen: Never really thought of it, guess I had too much else on my mind needing to "learn to deal with it". I generally don't really think about it, maybe over time it won't be an issue for you......they say time heals!
Take care, Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)