Author Topic: Loss and Sad feeling  (Read 3735 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Loss and Sad feeling
« on: August 16, 2012, 02:12:18 pm »
Everyone,

It is with deep regret that I start another thread( sorry) but after a long period of illness (being on Hospice Care) my colleague and long time fellow Board Member (Phyllis R.) now is in God's tender care.  I was notified of her untimely yet expected passing just this morning by telephone. She was a colleague and friend to many people in the nursing home industry, she had touched a great many people who she was in contact with on a regular basis.

She said that life will go on without her,  she built a nursing consulting business( through a very good succession plan-her daughter will carry on) and was primarily responsible for making sure that systems were up and running at our nursing home and many others,  She often said her car was her second office.....

On a more personal note, she knew of my operation with my AN in 2004 and always said to follow up and in 2011 when I had my regrowth she was praying for me as were all of you from February up to and including my radiation date in June. I will miss her....

Please pray for her immortal soul as I will......

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Loss and Sad feeling
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 02:26:21 pm »
Mike ~

Please accept my condolences on the passing of your friend and colleague, Phyllis.   

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Chances3

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 02:49:42 pm »
Hi Mike,

Very sorry to hear about your loss.  As hard as it can be, we must always be grateful for the lives God places in our own lives.  I am sure that Phyllis has richly rewarded you with her character, love and understanding.  There are many things we can do to keep the spirit of our dearly departed still alive.  I'm sure you will find one.  God Bless.

Bob

MDemisay

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 09:36:53 am »
Thank you Jim and Bob and others who read this,

Phyllis Ramzel was a generous, loving "old" soul who had lots of empathy for the elderly and people receiving therapy. There are few people such as her, I'm so sad that she's gone.....Yet I'm happy to have known her for so long. I know she appreciated all of the support from the ANA forum members who were praying for her.....I often told her of your support of me and how vital it was! Keep going with your support of all forum members, please.

I just wish that she had an AN and not inoperable brain cancer!

Keep her in your thoughts today.  Organizationally speaking, we will find a way to keep her memory alive.

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

skipg

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 10:02:43 am »
Hi Mike,
Sorry for your loss. In Gods care is the best place to be, but it is always hard on those of us left behind.
Skip
Self diagnosed 11/17/2010 (love the internet)
MRI 12/2010 Official diagnosis 1/3/2011 RT AN 7x6x4mm's
MRI 6/17/2011 no change still 7X6X4
MRI 7/20/2012 growth spurt to 14mm
Aug 8th consult and decided on Proton Therapy
Proton Therapy @ Hampton Proton Institute,       done on 11/20/12

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 02:39:02 pm »
Mike

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing.  Keep strong in your faith and prayers.

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

MDemisay

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 10:25:01 pm »
To my supportive ANA friends,

Thank you for your prayer support of my friend Phyllis Ramzel and of me. I truly am blessed to have such supportive friends as you! Even though Phyllis is no longer here, I feel comfort in the fact that she is not suffering anymore!
 :'( :'( :'(

Mike

Ps....I really do cry with one eye! But, the good thing about it is I only use half the tissues!