Author Topic: Cotinuing to Feel Great!  (Read 1663 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Cotinuing to Feel Great!
« on: August 17, 2012, 10:29:49 am »
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted everyone who is going through hell right now to know that it is worth all of the research and aggravation associated with treatment of an active and growing AN to kill it and deliver the knock out blow. I am 3 months and 6 days from my initial GK dose of 12 gy radiation for 40 minutes in one shot.

Except for some slight hissing initially and some tension headaches (2 weeks after)and mild exhaustion for 1 day after the procedure, I continue to feel great!

My outlook has changed radically, I frequently find myself full of energy and in a positive frame of mind, whereas before my procedure, I was resigned to having it. It isn't such a bad thing.....

Sure the hardware looks scary but with the proper preparation (prayer and meditation) you will come through with flying colors. One thing about my GK procedure going in that I didn't know about.....It is completely silent.

So relax, meditate/pray and go forward to wellness those GK scars will fade in 2 weeks 3 tops!

I promise to let you all know if anything develops, I don't think it will,but I will let you know. I'm at the very beginning of my symptom noticing which is according to Dr. Sisti, 3 to 9 months.

One thing is for sure "Dead Irv" is surely dead. I know it!

Mike

Thanks for all the support!

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

millie

Re: Cotinuing to Feel Great!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 06:07:23 pm »
It is good to read that you are  feeling well, Mike. Thanks  always  for the positive vibes.