Author Topic: fATIGUE anyone  (Read 7793 times)

dawnnoel

Re: fATIGUE anyone
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 07:20:00 pm »
Thanks for the laugh Suu. Needed that . Long day and was feeling worn out.

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 03:49:52 am »
Thanks for the laugh Suu. Needed that . Long day and was feeling worn out.

I store the funny bits up for special people  ;D

I hope you're having an easier day today.
Suu xxoo
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

dawnnoel

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 03:52:30 pm »
Gale  Can you explain myo-fascial massage?

skipg

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 05:51:19 pm »
Referencing myo-facial massage. My wife heard of this and insisted I go. After three weeks I gave in to her insistence (cutting edge nagging) and made an appointment. The therapist had on a white medical coat and led me to a small room that was very nicely decorated in earthy tones. Fresh flowers and soft music set the mood. He had a very relaxing voice and instructed me to remove my shoes and lay down on the table. A very soft and comfortable table at that. All the time we are talking and I am telling him of my AN diagnosis and my wife had read that this massage might help. He is listening and explaining about the forces in nature and how we need to learn to channel these forces to promote healing. (starting to feel a little uncomfortable). Then the lights get very dim and he starts to massage my feet. I immediately and strongly tell him the tumor is in my head and he is at the wrong end. This is the start of the calming massage he says as he gently massages my calves and then the side and front on my thighs. Ok, enough is enough, I was calm before he started but now I am on edge and wondering what all this has to do with head. I voiced my opinions about his techniques and how he has disrupted my calm and brought me to a place of emotional discomfort. The session ended early with me politely but firmly telling him this is not working. Lights on, music off, and I was out of there. Not exactly what I was expecting and later I thanked my wife for her concern and suggestive help, but next time please listen to me when I say no. 
Skip
Self diagnosed 11/17/2010 (love the internet)
MRI 12/2010 Official diagnosis 1/3/2011 RT AN 7x6x4mm's
MRI 6/17/2011 no change still 7X6X4
MRI 7/20/2012 growth spurt to 14mm
Aug 8th consult and decided on Proton Therapy
Proton Therapy @ Hampton Proton Institute,       done on 11/20/12

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 03:08:21 am »
I am so glad you related your story on this one Skip.  It really does sound unusual and your 6th sense could have been spot on so I applaud you for leaving when you did.

I'll be looking up things like this prior to taking some else's advice in future  :P

Well wishes being sent everyone's way.

Suu
Facial nerve not working
SSD left side
Sling Thur 16 June '11

knit78

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 02:00:50 pm »
It's interesting, because all of the doctors I have spoken to have agreed that my extreme fatigue was definitely associated with my AN. MY ENT explained it as I'm exhausting myself from trying to compensate for all the vertigo/imbalance issues that I have. I was an extremely active individual 3 months ago (running 20 miles a week) and now vacuuming the house exhausts me.
Nikki

*MRI Sept 19, 2012 shows 14mmx9mmx9mm
*Consult with Dr. Barkers & Quesnell October 5th
*Retrosigmoid performed successfully November 2nd
*Returned home November 6th to begin my recovery
*Counting my blessings and looking forward to the day that I run the streets again

dtorres135

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 02:37:21 pm »
Fatique?  Absolutely.  I was diagnosed late August and felt so fatigued the entire summer.  I was not myself...always depressed...not wanting to have long conversations..just not my upbeat perky self and everyone noticed.  I now plan my social events well and if i can squeeze a nap here and there I do.  I hope to treat this without further consequences.  When I wake up and feel like its going to be a good day...I want to everything because I know tomorrow will be back to the fatigue, depression, etc.  Still trying to decide on the best option and best doctor in NY or really it doesnt matter.  I will travel to see the best.

Diana

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2012, 01:37:41 am »
Hi Diana
Please update us with what you're doing as we're all here to help and learn.

I wish you the best in your choice and hope to read more as we go along in the same direction.  Upwards on onwards!  ;D

Suu xxoo
Facial nerve not working
SSD left side
Sling Thur 16 June '11