Author Topic: Surger Scheduled  (Read 4025 times)

jugee

Surger Scheduled
« on: October 13, 2012, 03:54:44 pm »
Surgery scheduled for Nov. 6, 2012 at HEI.  Anyone else be there that week?

kmr1969

Re: Surger Scheduled
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 04:23:56 pm »
I was almost schedule for 11/5, but didn't want that date as it was a Monday and I would have had to fly there on the prior Wednesday for the pre-operation appts.  The doctors don't do pre-operation appts on Fridays.  Planning on being away from home for 2 weeks was tough enough and couldn't afford to add any more days.

I will be there on the 11th with pre-operation appts on the 12th and surgery on the 13th.

Drs. Brackman and Schwartz doing my translab surgery.

With good luck, I would think you may be leaving Seton Hall about the same time I am getting there.
2.7 cm AN diagnosed June 2012
Translab completed November 2012 at House Clinic
SSD; numbness on face and in mouth, plus poor taste buds, but happy with how I am doing so far

It is what it is

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:33:25 pm »
You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.  You'll be in good hands. 

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

jugee

Re: Surgery Scheduled
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 01:11:53 pm »
Thank you.

kmr1969

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 10:59:56 am »
You are almost there....

How are you holding up?

Imagine you have done your blood work and gotten your prescriptions filled.

Are you local to LA, or will you be travelling?

Ken
SSD; numbness on face and in mouth, plus poor taste buds, but happy with how I am doing so far

jugee

Re: Surgery Scheduled
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 05:49:05 pm »
We are doing well.  My wife is the patient, I am the research guy, and making all the plans.  I still work, so a lot to get done in preparation for being out for two weeks.  We live in Florida--so big bird will take us there and back with a direct flight :).
Judy has stayed busy this week.  Everyone wants to take us out to eat, etc.  We have GREAT support from our Church family and her family lives in the area. 
We will pack tomorrow and fly on Sunday.
Gary

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 08:44:23 am »
Wishing Judy nothing but the best. HEI is a wonderful place.

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

kmr1969

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 11:59:50 am »
We've got the reverse going on in my house.  I am the patient and my wife, Mary Ann, is the trip coordinator.  I think I'd prefer to switch places, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone, particularly my wife.

We too booked direct flights (Maryland to LA).  Had to guess on the return date, but picked my oldest son's birthday, 11/23, as we thought that might be good luck. 

Sounds like you and your wife are doing well.  We may see you at Seton as we 'check in' on the 11th.  I hope Judy will be well on her way to getting home by that point.

Safe travels!

Ken

It is what it is

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 12:45:48 pm »
Say hello to the HEI doctors and the St Vincent staff from me and the other HEI alumni.  Please update us on your progress.  I hope you will be able to meet each other while there.   

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

kmr1969

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 05:31:36 pm »
Gary,

Please tell Judy that she will get a prayer from me tonight. 

What time do you have to be at the hospital tomorrow?

I hope things going amazingly well for both of you and that I will see her walking around the halls at Seton when I arrive on Sunday.

Very best wishes,

Ken