Author Topic: Occassional Tickle in Throat and Coughing and then Bad head pain?  (Read 5739 times)

debraclark

I was wondering if any of you post ops have every experienced the throat tickle, then the cough, then the awful pounding headache? I do not get it alot but when I do "oh my god" it hurts so bad. I read where its the dura reacting to the cough? I was also told the tickle could be caused by the facial nerve regenerating? Or nasal allergies.  I finally sneezed the other day but the pain was not as bad as this. Does it ever get better? I know I am only 7 weeks out post op but this really sucks. For now just make sure I have water and ricola's close by to stop it. I have no nose drip or anything like that. I do get headaches from muscles in my neck and head (cervical area) they are working on that in therapy. But this new thing with the coughing Ugh! Otherwise I am doing very well with balance, etc. Thanks for letting me vent.  :-\
New Jersey- Female- 54
Self Diagnosed July 6, 2012
Officially Diagnosed August 16, 2012      3CM AN
Surgery at Jefferson Neuroscience Sept. 25, 2012
Removed 99.9% of tumor-10 hour surgery-Retrosigmoid

Blags

Re: Occassional Tickle in Throat and Coughing and then Bad head pain?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 06:03:09 pm »
I'm six weeks post op retro sigmoid and been experiencing the same thing but I figured it was from a cold I am getting over from about 2wks now. I had to do additional steroids at time cold come over me and was told steroid affects your immune system so figured it was weakened and now it's cold season.
Oct 2012 - 1.4cm AN removed retro sigmoid with Dr. Boockvar and Dr. Brown at Weill Cornell NY Presbyterian

debraclark

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 01:10:13 pm »
Thanks Blags for your comment. I guess all we can do is just hang in there?  ::)
New Jersey- Female- 54
Self Diagnosed July 6, 2012
Officially Diagnosed August 16, 2012      3CM AN
Surgery at Jefferson Neuroscience Sept. 25, 2012
Removed 99.9% of tumor-10 hour surgery-Retrosigmoid

Blags

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 07:49:04 pm »
Went to my md today- I have strep throat. So at least that explains my pain!
Oct 2012 - 1.4cm AN removed retro sigmoid with Dr. Boockvar and Dr. Brown at Weill Cornell NY Presbyterian