Author Topic: Checking in...Merry Christmas !!!  (Read 2329 times)

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
Checking in...Merry Christmas !!!
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:52:13 am »
Hello AN family!!  I'm still alive and well.  8)    Sorry I fell off of the site for awhile...but I've been interacting over a AN site on Face Book.   

For all the newbies...you have landed on an incredible resource of knowledgeable and caring people.  Ask away they will share openly about their AN adventures.

Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday season!!

Be well all...

Gary
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Checking in...Merry Christmas !!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 08:12:00 pm »
Merry Christmas to you Gary - a little late.  The Forum was having some problems for a few days there but they seem to be resolved now.

I, too, was interacting on an AN site on FB - actually it was more like 2 or 3 - but I found that they were full of a lot of negative postings.  It might be just me, but I often felt like I was attending a pity party, so now I'm back to the ANA Forum; which I find to be much more informative and positive.

Good to see you here!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: Checking in...Merry Christmas !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 12:09:57 pm »
Dear Gary and Jan,

I concur, I find that FB postings tend to be fearful and moment oriented rather than reflective and thought provoking such as this forum is. I find that it's for all it's moment by moment stream of conciousness, it's actually quite fleeting! Only more fleeting is Twitter!

Consequently, I do not subscribe to Twitter! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and will have an even better New Year! Not only because I want to forget my trauma before my radiation but also would like to forget those macro events like Super Storm Sandy (and its concurrent swath of devastation) and the tragedy of the school shooting.

Have a Happier New Year all!

Mike

(Edited for content)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:45:22 pm by Jim Scott »
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!