Author Topic: Symptoms come and go  (Read 2107 times)

rgrchrch

Symptoms come and go
« on: March 26, 2013, 12:03:20 pm »
In November 2011, my acoustic neuroma was 36X30X26mm. I had one neurosurgeon tell me that they had been using Gamma knife to treat bigger than that in Pitsburgh, and another neurosurgeon tell me to have it removed. I chose to go with the Gk in December 2011. I went back to work and all was well until March. March thru June I had a real difficult time with balance. After working with some neuro-rehab I have regained my balance to get back to work.  About 2 weeks after returning to work I began experiencing severe tinnitus. *NOTE: I have had tinnitus since I have been i n my teens due to chronic ear disease and several ear surgeries. The Tinnitus I am reffering to now is overwhelmingly loud. I have been able to continue working at a diminished capacity causing lots of anxiety. My concentration has been affected greatly. Through relaxation techniques and prayer. I am now able to think over the tinnitus more easily most of the time.
In February 2013 I had an MRI and the largest measurement of my AN is 26mm. I am real grateful for that. I appreciate all of the research that has been done regarding acoustic neuromas.
I am experiencing severe headache and have not been to work for a week because of it.  I will be seeing the doctor tommorrow concerning this. I would like to get some experience, stregnth, and hope concerning headaches. I am hoping it is like all of the other symptoms I've had and just passes. I have to say though, this has been the hardest to deal with because it actually hurts. I am a recovering addict and have been able to get thru all of this with narcotics an pray that I can keep it that way.