Author Topic: Heartbeat in the ears  (Read 1986 times)

grammyslim

Heartbeat in the ears
« on: April 05, 2013, 09:34:45 am »
Hey
Wondering if anyone has been hearing the heart beat in their ears?  I have here lately and trying to figure if I should see ENT or regular Dr. or let it go as part of the AN process.  My blood pressure was up last week when I went to Dr. but I also had pink eye - and if I remember correctly infections can raise the BP

Just trying to figure it all out - let me know if you had similar problem and where you went with it.

Thanks
grammyslim
1.4 cm diagnosed 01/12
significant hearing loss rt side
total balance loss rt side - AN side -
left side already compensated (who knew)
Radiation completed May 2012 - all systems are GO -- so happy I chose radiation near home.

maxine

Re: Heartbeat in the ears
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 03:07:40 pm »
http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?action=search2

It's called pulsatile tinnitus. You might want to tell your ENT. If you do a general search for pulsatile tinnitus you can find a few discussions about it on the forum in a few of the categories (radiation and radiosurgery, hearing issues, etc.).  A number of us have had it or have it.  Hope this is helpful,

maxine

mesafinn

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 03:14:07 pm »
As I've posted elsewhere here, I am a chronic sufferer of pulsatile tinnitus and have had it daily, 24/7, for eight months.  It's what lead to my AN.

One doc didn't think it was related to my AN, but I'm convinced he's inaccurate.

The brain is aware that something's "not right," and so it's responded through the heartbeat sensation.  Once it starts, it's difficult to stop.  Sometimes it stops on its own and quickly as it starts.  Other times, the beat goes on.

This was posted here elsewhere, and I've only reviewed the website briefly.  I think it's more for "tinnitus" (ringing/pitches in ear) than pulsatile tinnitus, but I could be mistaken.   http://neuromonics.com/

Hang in there.....I know it can be annoying and frustrating.
Oct 2012:  Constant Pulsatile Tinnitus
Feb 28, 2013: Dx AN 1.4 cm X .9 mm
April 19, 2013:  GK at UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford

Some things in my life need to matter less, and other things in my life need to matter more.  So yes, I'm taking this as a "lesson learned experience."

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 11:13:37 pm »
Yes, I still get that pulsing on occasion. It's very unnerving. Years ago, someone else on this forum had written about it. She referred to it as "pulsatile tinnitus". Check the attached link below.....

http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?action=search2
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.