Author Topic: Migraine headache last night....i think  (Read 3285 times)

tatianne

Migraine headache last night....i think
« on: September 01, 2006, 07:56:45 am »
I have been having migraines since i was 11 years old. The past few years i have had only 1 or two a year.
Last night i had what i think was a migraine, the first time since the AN symptoms and diagnosis.
My tinnitus increased majorly, i felt very dizzy(which never happened before during a migraine)....I took some advil and waited quite a long time before the symptoms decreased. i took a hot bath because i thought maybe muscle tension was adding to the headache.
Finally it went away and this morning Im OK.
Has anyone had increased symptoms during a headache or a migraine ????
I also think i was panicking a little, thinking my AN was causing it and something bad was going on.
T
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Migraine headache last night....i think
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 08:27:45 am »
Hard to tell Tatianne,

Anxiety can be a pest at times.

Normally, AN's don't cause headaches unless they are pressing on the brain stem or something like that. Your one is pretty small so on an assumption that it is too small to cause havoc it is probably unrelated. If it persists, then you may want to have another MRI. What meds do you take for the migraine?

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

tatianne

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 08:50:37 am »
i dont really have any, a long time ago i did but my migraines only seem to come once in a while these last years, i normally just take 600 mg of advil and it does the trick....usually within 30-40 minutes i feel better but yesterday it was almost two hours and it didnt completly go away until i went to sleep. Even today,i feel fine but i still feel like a headache is just around the corner, you know what i mean ??
If it hapens again i will call my doctor.
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 09:18:47 am »
T where are you located?  Could you be getting a pressure front in from the storms circulating around?  I know for me this wil set off a migraine type headache and that does not respond to meds until the storm passes.  Just a thought!
They say an's don't cause migraines or headaches but I don't believe them!

tatianne

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 09:59:28 am »
tks battyprincess, im in montreal quebec canada.....no storms here but a good thought.
at the time in felt like a storm in my head though, hopefully its gone for good.

Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 10:18:57 am »
Tatianne,
My suggestion is you call your doc and describe your symptoms to him. There are really good migraine meds out there these days--no need to suffer. He will know the questions to ask you to see if it was an actual migraine. Pre-diagnosis, I had an occasional severe headache which originated in the back of my head, and travelled over to one side, lodged behind my eye, and throbbed, which I now know to be a classic migraine headache. "They" say that ANs don't cause headaches, also, but there are some who beg to differ, professionals included.
Capt Deb

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

tatianne

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 10:30:29 am »
that is exactly what happened, it started in the back of my head/neck and moved to the front, my forehead but more on my non AN side......thanks Capt Deb....
I think maybe when i became anxious it made the symptoms worse.
I will speak to my doctor.
Thank you
T
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm

targa72e

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 10:44:31 am »
I had never had a migraine in my life. I had a few in the 6th months prior to my AN diagnosis, took me a while to figure out what was going on. I have a very distinct visual change before the migraine hits so at least I know its coming. I have had an increase in the occurrence over the last year with the highest frequency when I was having my first problems with balance. Is it just coincidence or is it aggravated by the AN? I think it is the AN.

John
5mm x 5mm watching and waiting

tatianne

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 11:06:44 am »
maybe it is aggravated by the AN.....did you find that you had more dizziness or other symptoms during the migraine ?? What do you take for it ??
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm